Resort Traditions..Dreams Do Come True..!..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Having just read the great news from a member on this site, I recall a story from a CM working at PORS and his story of a couple tossing a dime into the Sassagoula river and making a wish..Since that first visit in 2008,we always have this tradition of tossing our dimes into the river from the bridge and making our wishes..So I'am wondering if any of you have a tradition when staying at your resort.?..;)

ImagineerDude

The only resort we have stayed at is All-Star Sports, but we have the tradition of going to the Contemporary and watching the fireworks on our first night after dinner at DTD...then we monorail to the Poly and the GF (my favorite) where we sit in the lobby and listen to the band and think about when Full House stayed in the GF :p finally we take a boat to MK's enterance to purchase our tickets for a week (or two) of endless fun!

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We mostly stayed at the FC when my kids were very small before we moved over to POR in later years.
My little DD could pass out on the bus after closing the parks and pop her little head up as her Dad was carrying her off the bus and would say, Hot Tub Daddy? Hot Tub?

FC hot tub is secluded and a nice place to chill and soak the tired feet, very relaxing. After a few years we deemed that to be my DD's tradition. We believe she at times started to play possum and then spew Hot Tub Daddy? Hot Tub?

Our young parent tradition at that time was after the Hot Tub and putting the kids to sleep, DH would go down and bring us back a nice Whiskey Sour, FC makes a great one.

Monkee Girl

We stay at the Polynesian every year. Mostly for Easter and there is a worker there who we have to see every trip! Don't know if I can give his name on here.

OK, this might be long...Sorry!

anyway, the second year we were staying at the Poly, my cousin did not like her room. She is very particular and wanted a certain building and didn't get it. Instead, they gave us this room with a view of the monorail going buy. There was all foliage so it looked like a big jungle and you could smell the food cooking at the Spirit of Aloha show (or Ohana's...pineapple and bbq...OMG) it was great (I loved it!) she hated it! so after listening to her freak out a bit, we left everything and went back down to the lobby.

The CM there was very nice and switched out rooms for us. The problem was we gave up the old room keys and got new ones but never got our luggage out of the old room! So we had to go back and get them with the help from one of the bell hos (i guess you would call him? :confused:). Anyway, we tried to tell him the name of the bldg (yea touristy white girls trying to pronounce Hawaiian names, lol) and he figured it out. But we couldn't remember our room number! So he just starts opening each room one by one. One family yelled at him cause they were in there and we apologized profusely. We finally got our luggage just in time four my Aunt (who was driving in) to arrive. The CM said he would meet me at her car with his cart to help with the luggage.

Well, my aunt (who was on her first trip to Disney in 30 years) decides to pack everything separate as if she were going camping or something. A separate bag for shoes, separate bag for snacks (tons of snacks and we were on the dining plan!) a big old gatorade tub of water, bags for clothes, bags for makeup, all that kind of stuff. So the CM gets there and he just starts unloading. his whole cart was full! He drove us back to the new room, unloaded everything and did it all with a big grin on his face. He was so patient with us and kind. And after that we make a point of seeing him for every trip.

At first, it was by chance. We would be walking over to Ohana's for dinner and we would notice him driving by and we would make a point to say 'hey! do you remember us?' he would chat for a few minutes and then give us a ride to the Ceremonial house. Last April, we had family staying with us and we had told them about the incident and how they had to meet him. So after we finished the Spirit of Aloha show, we went to the lobby to see if he was around and sure enough, he was standing at the little podium by the kiddie/tv sitting area. He must have spend about a half hour with us. We wanted to get his picture and every time we clicked the button, he would make the tongue face like the Samoan dancer from the show :p. He had us in stitches! He is one of the most entertaining, energetic, nicest guys in the whole park.

Our past trip on OCT23rd, we made a point to head over to the Poly for a dole whip (we were staying at the pop) and we went to see if he was in. Turns out he had just left about 30 mins before we got there. So the guy at the desk said we could leave him a note and we did. Don't know if he will know who we are since he sees so many guests a day but it's all good.

anyway, he is part of the reason we love staying at the Poly and I can't wait to head back in the spring to see if he got our note. So that's our Polynesian tradition every year.

yep...long post....sorry guys. :oops:

HollyAD

It doesn't really apply to a certain resort but we always do the same thing each trip no matter which resort. We wear our bathing suits to check in and hit the pool until our room is ready. Once the room is ready we shower and head over to DTD for dinner. Usually it is Rainforest for dinner and a stroll around the shops and the World of Disney. The trip would just not be the same if we couldn't make this happen! It just sets the tone for the rest of the trip.

jw24

I don't really have much but my first meal in Disney tends to be at the resort I'm staying in. I mean, think about it. Odds are, you're exhausted from the hustle and bustle while travelling to WDW so being able to have a meal right inside the hotel seeing all the refillable mugs, the sounds of footsteps of people heading to the pools or the bus areas and such signify that you're here.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't really have much but my first meal in Disney tends to be at the resort I'm staying in. I mean, think about it. Odds are, you're exhausted from the hustle and bustle while travelling to WDW so being able to have a meal right inside the hotel seeing all the refillable mugs, the sounds of footsteps of people heading to the pools or the bus areas and such signify that you're here.

Yep, that is our pattern too. All those little things signify "Game On."

zurgandfriend

We have many dining and park related traditions but the only resort tradition is for me the early riser to walk around my resort in the morning and talk to cast members and/or other guests and to have my coffee and read the paper in the lobby or outside and enjoy the quiet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom