Resort refillable mugs allowed in the parks?

ColinCodymom

Original Poster
Just wondering if the refillable mugs bought at the resorts are allowed to be brought to the parks with us? It would definitely be worth buying these if that was the case... I have only ever bought the blizzard beach ones before. Since we have to pay a small amount each day at blizzard beach anyways, can we simply bring back our other mugs and pay the fee anyways?? Thanks to anyone who responds!!:)

Our last trip was in September and we used ours in the parks. I know I might catch some slack for this but this is what the group of us that went did:

We got ours from All-Star Music. We bought water and sodas (screw top bottles) prior to our trip and packed them with us. Then when we went to the parks we packed our mug and bottled drink in our backpacks. We would go to restaurants and fill the mugs with ice then pour our own drinks in. Saved us a TON of money!

disney4life2008

Our last trip was in September and we used ours in the parks. I know I might catch some slack for this but this is what the group of us that went did:

We got ours from All-Star Music. We bought water and sodas (screw top bottles) prior to our trip and packed them with us. Then when we went to the parks we packed our mug and bottled drink in our backpacks. We would go to restaurants and fill the mugs with ice then pour our own drinks in. Saved us a TON of money!

Excellent idea and not a problem at all!!! I have seen people carry bags groceries (chips, sandwhiches, pop, juice, candy) into the parks with no problem. No reason why you cant use your DISNEY resort mug in the parks for ice.

Excellent idea and not a problem at all!!! I have seen people carry bags groceries (chips, sandwhiches, pop, juice, candy) into the parks with no problem. No reason why you cant use your DISNEY resort mug in the parks for ice.

We were willing to pay for the ice if we had to and even asked if there was a charge when we asked the CMs but they had no problem with it and didn't cost a thing. They saw what we did and nothing was said to us, I assume they've seen it before. And like you said people take in chips and snacks-we packed crackers in our bags!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I worked at All Star Sports last fall.
The mugs you get at the resort aren't supposed to used in the parks. Cast Members will be able to tell when you have a resort mug and are supposed to tell you that they're only useable at the resort that you're staying in.

However, I'm not one for confrontation so I never said anything, so you might not get told to put it away. But then there's always the Cast Member that really adheres to the rules and will tell you that you're not supposed to use it at the park.

It's not like they'll kick you out of the park if they catch you ;D
But I've had some guests get really angry with me when I told them they weren't allowed to use mugs from previous years... so just keep in mind, if you do use it and get caught, don't get too mad : ).
I don't think anyone's talking about refilling them at the parks, which is a no-no, but rather using them with ice obtained from the parks, which is perfectly acceptable.

brent2124

Like Monty said there is no problem with using them to get ice at the parks. The rules stipulate that you can only get refills at the hotels but says nothing about using them for ice at the parks.

ColinCodymom

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!! I don't plan on trying to refill them at the parks. Just would like to bring them once they are filled... I appreciate it.:)

Mikester71

Excellent idea! :sohappy: Never would have even thought of doing this so thanks for bringing this up ColinCodymom. :wave:

Thanks everyone!! I don't plan on trying to refill them at the parks. Just would like to bring them once they are filled... I appreciate it.:)

Speaking of bringing them in once they are filled. I would fill mine up with soda, milk or coffee from the hotel before getting on the bus to the park. I was able to drink it on the bus (although i think really you are not supposed to eat or drink on the bus). Then I could also walk into the park full cup in hand!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom