Resort pools...are they safe?

Deadman

How moronic would you have to be to ______ in a Disney public pool....I mean theres bathrooms RIGHT near the pool and i'm sure theyre pretty clean.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

About as moronic as starting a "Resort pools...are they safe?" thread and scaring vacationers. I am sure they are safe and tested at least daily. I have seen pools emptied/closed for their testing to be done many times.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We stayed at Pop Jan 29- Feb5th 2008 and we experienced not 1 but 2 "pool incidents". It was about midway through our stay and decided to spend a little time at the pool,we were staying in the 50's so we decided just to use that pool. Anyway, about 20-30 minutes later everyone got called out of the pool because, how can I say this delicately, ummm... there was a "floater":eek:. Now, the pool was not very crowded and there were no babies so it wasn't a diaper accident (the youngest person in the pool was probably 6 or 7). So, we lug all our stuff over to the main pool by the food court and guess what. Less than an hour later we all got called out of the pool again because there was a "floater" again. C'mon people give me a break, THERE IS NO POOPING ALLOWED IN THE POOL EVER!!!!! At that point we headed back to the room where everyone took a long shower and then headed to Epcot.

Upvote 0

EPCOTPluto

Maybe I am being overly mesophobic, but I remember once immediately getting out the pool because I clearly saw something visible enough that helps break food down in your mouth, and contains an enzyme called amylase to help your teeth and tongue. :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

Me being a clean-freak.... I can never decide if I want to 'face reality' or live on the 'ignorance is bliss' motto. So, unless people are going to post about the precautions Disney DOES take, I think I'll skip out on this thread! :wave:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

How moronic would you have to be to ______ in a Disney public pool....I mean theres bathrooms RIGHT near the pool and i'm sure theyre pretty clean.

On our recent trip to Vero Beach I witnessed a child jump out of the pool doing the potty dance, and their parent actually told them to just get back in the pool and go. People are just gross. I am shocked at some of the unsanitary things I have witnessed people doing in public places.

Upvote 0

Ceekling

I'd say they are about as clean as any other public or private club pool.

We belong to a pool club at home and a couple of weeks ago had an incident where a child vomited in the pool and it was closed for 3 hours. I've never had a problem with a Disney pool, but if a certain % of the population admits to it, you gotta figure that "accident" (or even on purpose) happens. The chlorine is usually at a level that kills any bio-contaminants and the level is checked frequently throughout the day.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

When you immerse the human body into warm water, this is what happens unless the human body exercises control.

Many bodies immersed into the warm water will not exercise that degree of control, particularly young bodies.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Maybe I am being overly mesophobic, but I remember once immediately getting out the pool because I clearly saw something visible enough that helps break food down in your mouth, and contains an enzyme called amylase to help your teeth and tongue. :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

Someone lost their dentures?:shrug:

Upvote 0

westie

We stayed at Pop Jan 29- Feb5th 2008 and we experienced not 1 but 2 "pool incidents". It was about midway through our stay and decided to spend a little time at the pool,we were staying in the 50's so we decided just to use that pool. Anyway, about 20-30 minutes later everyone got called out of the pool because, how can I say this delicately, ummm... there was a "floater":eek:. Now, the pool was not very crowded and there were no babies so it wasn't a diaper accident (the youngest person in the pool was probably 6 or 7). So, we lug all our stuff over to the main pool by the food court and guess what. Less than an hour later we all got called out of the pool again because there was a "floater" again. C'mon people give me a break, THERE IS NO POOPING ALLOWED IN THE POOL EVER!!!!! At that point we headed back to the room where everyone took a long shower and then headed to Epcot.

TMI:hurl: You coulda just said it happened to me! lol!!

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

On our recent trip to Vero Beach I witnessed a child jump out of the pool doing the potty dance, and their parent actually told them to just get back in the pool and go. People are just gross. I am shocked at some of the unsanitary things I have witnessed people doing in public places.

Yet another candidate for "Parent of the Year" :hammer:

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

When you immerse the human body into warm water, this is what happens unless the human body exercises control.

Many bodies immersed into the warm water will not exercise that degree of control, particularly young bodies.

Hopefully there are parents around these young bodies to help them remeber to use the bathroom when needed. We always had or kids go prior to swimming. We also would actually swim with our kids and keep and eye out for the tell tale signs of a needed bathroom break. Then of course we would take required breaks.....it is not that hard.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

I'll always trust Disney to keep their pools as clean as possible.
Swimming and lounging in the resort pools are the perfect antidote to the frenetic pace of the parks.

Upvote 0

justdru

I want to admit and apologize for anyone who ever experienced my antics as a child. On more than one vacation I put a full-size Baby Ruth bar in the swimming pool and watched hilarity ensue.

I am sorry.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom