Resort Luggage Checkin

aharsh218

Has anyone used the service where you check your bags and get your boarding passes at the resort instead of at the airport? What are your thoughts on it?

DAKOTADISNEY

We used it Feb. 9th from Wilderness Lodge. We used Magical Express and loved it. The day before we left they told us to be on the 7:05am bus and that we could check in our bags an hour before that. It was great! We didn't have to carry our luggage and our boarding passes were in hand. I thought it went very smooth.

Upvote 0

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
If you are flying on an airline that does it. DO IT! It makes it so easy when you get to the airport. Especially since you don't have to wait in the long lines at the ticket counter. You get to go straight to the gate. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm sure it's usually fine, but last year they found me in the system, but not the other two members of my party... They checked in fine at the airport, but I was horrified that their tickets had somehow been lost.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We used it when we returned from Disney on Feb 5th. and it was great!
My DH brought our luggage down at 6:30am (it must be at least 3 hours before your scheduled flight). We stayed at Pop and our flight was scheduled for 10:45am via JetBlue, Magical Express was scheduled to pick us up at 7:45am so we were told to be waiting at the ME bus area at 7:30am. Everything went well and our luggage was waiting for us at Newark airport when we arrived (I think it was on an earlier flight).

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

I've used it a few times and its been fantastic. The only time it was ever a problem (I've done it at several resorts) was there was a HUGE line at Pop with lots of large parties. Which would have been fine, but several of the groups didn't realize that it was just like checking in at the airport and each member of their party had to be there and show ID. Otherwise every time I've used it has gone well. And its really nice to just go to the security check point when you arrive at the airport. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Used it for the first time on our last trip - worked out great for us. We had a 3PM flight, scheduled for the noon ME bus, took our luggage down and checked it @ 8AM, and headed off to the MK for a little bit of last minute magic. Would definitely do it again.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

We used it Feb. 9th from Wilderness Lodge. We used Magical Express and loved it. The day before we left they told us to be on the 7:05am bus and that we could check in our bags an hour before that. It was great! We didn't have to carry our luggage and our boarding passes were in hand. I thought it went very smooth.

Just to clarify.

Magical Express is the service where they drive you to or from the airport on the Disney Bus

Resort Airline Check-In is the service where you can check your bags and get your boarding pass at your resort.

Most of the time people use both when available. But, if your airline does not support RAC or for some reason you choose not to avail yourself of it, you can still use the DME to get a ride to the airport and then check your luggage and get your boarding passes there.

Here are "the rules"

Comming from the airport

You can take the DME bus and use the luggage transfer service where Disney gets your luggage and brings it to your room

You can take the DME bus, and bring your luggage along with you.

You CANNOT have Disney take your luggage while you take transportation other than the DME bus

On your return

You can check your luggage and get a boarding pass at the resort, and then take the DME bus to the airport

You can take the DME bus without checking your luggage at the resort.

You can check your luggage at the resort and take alternate transportation to the airport.

Whew ! :)

And the service, in my opinion, works wonderfully

-dave

Upvote 0

lpet11984

I love it! Usually fly NorthWest (Detroit is a huge hub) and the curbside check in at the resorts are fantastic. Really helps minimize stress and get through the airport more quickly.

Upvote 0

KnK

We have used this service twice. It was wonderful.

The first year we had rented a car and used the service. It was great returning the car and not having to lug all the luggage with us.

The second year we used ME. That was just as wonderful!

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

I wish Southwest could get "onboard". We have concierge print our boarding passes the day before when we come back from the parks (we catch the last plane out). We have bell services hold our luggage the last day and go squeeze in every last minute at the parks before Magic Express picks us up.

Upvote 0

milhouse

It's very convenient, I would reccomend it.

We had one problem on our last trip. We had a late flight out, 6pm, so we worked out a late checkout at Pop. The luggage check in closed at 1pm. I checked out of the room at 12:15 and got into the luggage line and it was several people long and not moving. With only 1 computer if someone has a problem w/ their flights everyone waits. At 12:45 the luggage handlers (who are airline employees not Disney) closed the line because they didn't want to stay late with people were still walking up. It got a little loud but I think most people who came before 1pm got checked in.

The moral of the story is don't wait until the last minute.

Upvote 0

go3epcot

My family and I are flying Southwest for the first time after using Delta many times. We will miss having the check-in option for our luggage this trip. Anyone know what might be causing Southwest not to sign up? I would assume that it had something to do with computer programming linkage. Hope they can be added by July!

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

We didnt have any problems with it January. We walked up to the counter/desk at ASMo & no one else was in line. (This waws 8:00 on a Sunday morning). We spent the day in the parks & headed back to the hotel about 2 hours before our ME pick-up time so we could eat a quick dinner. We got the airport in Milwaukee & our luggage came out on the baggage carousel along with everyone else's.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom