resort help/advice w/ small children

pescador1f

Wilderness Lodge standard view, any input on this?, from what i see its a view of lot, service etc. How is transportation from here, going with wife & & small children (1 & 4), trying to avoid POP bus lines!! I am looking at WL or CS at the moment, the most important thing is proximity to lobby and transporation and how good is transportation. I read alot about how CS bus goes in a circle around resort, is this a hassle? I read how WL bus shares with Poly & GF, is this a hassle? I wanted Poly for all the convenience of their transportation but cant afford! help!

Disney61

We find Wilderness Lodge to be fairly easy to travel from. A boat ride diectly to the Magic Kingdom (about 10 minutes). Epcot can either be reached by taking a boat to the Contemporary and taking the monorail to the TTC and switching over to the Epcot monorail line or take a bus from the lodge. Both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom require a bus to get to. There usualy is not a problem with sharing the bus with either the Grand Floridian or Poly....It just adds time to the trip. As far as views, if you do not plan on being in your room much, a standard view is fine. If you do plan on spending time in your room, I wood recommend a woods view room with a north view (high floor). You may be able to see some of the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyHamm

Our first choice was WL, but do to constraints, we stayed at CS. We had our 8 yr old son with us at the time. For your transportation concerns, there should be none!! Yes the bus goes in a circle, but when we were there (Last week of May), we had no problems getting on a bus. They seemed to run every 15 min for all locations. Extreamly nice that they go no where else (water park excluded) resort wise. It is nice to walk by the crowded lines to an more or less empty one. The distance from the lobby is not bad either, if it is a concern (as it would for me if I had a 1 yr old) try to get the rooms in building 4. Quiet pool right there, short walk to Lobby or Main pool. Warning of Building 1-3, they are convention rooms and can get noisy in that area.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

I've read (I've never stayed there) that Wilderness Lodge has the longes time for transportation. Since you have young kids you will probably be doing more of Magic Kindgom than anything else. I think the time to MK is about 10- 15 minutes where it can take 1/2 hour from other places. I would figure out what parks you want to go to the most... then plan around that.

Upvote 0

DisneyHamm

I didn't mention travel times so I figured I would. Bus travel of course is the only mode of Disney Transportation to and from the CSR, but being that CS is centrally located; it takes less than 10 minutes to reach any destination except the MK which took a little less than 15 minutes. I also have never stayed at the WL, but will be in the future. Their bus lines were longer than the CSR, but definitely shorter than the Pop or All Star lines!

Upvote 0

bethymouse

WL w/ twin 6 year old boys

We had no problem w/ any transportation to and from WL. The boat to MK was the best! Just get a standard view room. Ask for bunkbeds when you get there and also the room closest to the pool. We just had to go right around the corner to the pool. We had a 1st floor room that looked directly out to the quiet pool. WL would be your best bet in my opinion.:cool:

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

We stayed at CS last February with our 1.5 and 4 year old son and had a great time. The resort does have 4 or 5 bus stops, but its no where near being a hassle. It completes the loop in less than 10 minutes.

Below is a link to a resort map:

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/gifs/CSR_RESORT_MAP.jpg

We stayed in building 7B which was close to a bus stop, within a couple of hundred feet, and a stone throw from the Dig Site, the largest pool at the resort. After our stop, the bus would circle back around to the front to the main lobby before making it way on the parks. On the way back, we were the third or fourth stop. The trips to the parks was done in less than 15 minutes, which was great.

Our building was on the opposite side of the lake away from the main lobby and food court but that was never a real issue for us. We enjoyed the short walks and it gave us a chance to see some of the resort and enjoy the beautiful theming and landscaping.

I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. I know a lot of people enjoy staying closer to the main lobby and food court, myself included, but if you do that you sometimes miss out on some really great aspects of the resort. Just some foood for thought. Enjoy your trip. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

I would suggest with smaller children, drive your own vehicle to the parks other than MK. Heres why. We have stayed at WL several times and the bus service is very slow and yes you have to share the buses with other resorts. When we used them, we wished we had driven our own vehicle judging by the wait time for buses and long lines. I have a 1 year old and I know him. He doesn't like to wait around. He gets restless. If you have your vehicle, you can come and go as you please when you please. Especially when that little one has had enough. It's just much easier I feel with all the bags, and strollers and such. I also don't enjoy being slung all over the bus like we are sometimes. I just don't feel safe. Especially with a young one. I do agree though with the others about the boats. Very convenient. Just my take, especially from a former cast member. Hope you all have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom