Resort guest going with a non-resort guest

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone, I have a question and sorry if it's been asked before. I'm doing a solo trip in June and staying at a Disney resort. So I can make an paid lightning lane reservation at 7am. My friend is coming to the park with me that day but isn't staying at the resort with me.

Am I allowed to make a PLL with him on the reservation at 7am even though he's not a resort guest?

nickys

Premium Member
Hey everyone, I have a question and sorry if it's been asked before. I'm doing a solo trip in June and staying at a Disney resort. So I can make an paid lightning lane reservation at 7am. My friend is coming to the park with me that day but isn't staying at the resort with me.

Am I allowed to make a PLL with him on the reservation at 7am even though he's not a resort guest?
No, unfortunately for you that won’t be possible. You can make a Genie+ booking for him but not an ILL.

If you can add him to your room you could. Do you have a package or a room-only booking? If the latter you could add him at no extra cost since there would just be the two of you.

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
No, unfortunately for you that won’t be possible. You can make a Genie+ booking for him but not an ILL.

If you can add him to your room you could. Do you have a package or a room-only booking? If the latter you could add him at no extra cost since there would just be the two of you.

Great, thank you so much!

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Great, thank you so much!
That is a good solution but be aware that sometimes WDW adds an extra charge per night for each adult head in the room beyond two. When my son turned 18 we noticed a $20/day change in our room cost when we added him to the reservation. Since then I’ve noticed other times when shopping for rooms but once in a while the additional cost wasn’t added when comparing. I think cost ranges from $15-$25 depending on resort tier.

nickys

Premium Member
That is a good solution but be aware that sometimes WDW adds an extra charge per night for each adult head in the room beyond two. When my son turned 18 we noticed a $20/day change in our room cost when we added him to the reservation. Since then I’ve noticed other times when shopping for rooms but once in a while the additional cost wasn’t added when comparing. I think cost ranges from $15-$25 depending on resort tier.
OP said they were doing a solo trip. So if they have a room-only booking there would be no extra charge.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
OP said they were doing a solo trip. So if they have a room-only booking there would be no extra charge.
I was just throwing the ‘beyond 2 adults’ out there in case there ends up more people or other people are lurking on the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom