Resort Advice.....Polynesian or Beach Club???

correcaminos

question about beach club, do they not have room service anymore? I was looking online and saw it was only port orleans and a couple other moderate locations and not deluxe. Maybe I was looking at wrong info. If they do have it have any of you used it like for breakfast? There is probably delivery and service fee charges tacked on?
Were you looking at Pizza delivery by chance? Room service is available at Beach Club and is listed on Disney's site https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/beach-club-resort/dining/

daisyduckie

I've stayed at both, and I think with young kids the Poly is the way to go. Storm Along Bay is not young child friendly. Not unless you plan on being right next to them at all times. To get to the main slide you have to head away from the pool and cross a public sidewalk. And there is an area of the pool that has a current.

I'd do the Poly now and do the Beach Club when your children are a bit older.

correcaminos

thank you, yes I think I was looking at pizza delivery of all things. ha
I thought so when you mentioned POR! I kind of wish more had that option because I don't know the good local places and prefer to avoid chains. Disney's not the best but at least I know what to expect :)

wdwfan22

Having stayed at both resorts several times, the Beach Club offers a more deluxe experience. The rooms are in far better shape then those at the Poly. The pool is better at Beach Club and much easier to find a seat then over at Poly. Poly does have excellent theming and close to Magic Kingdom which can't be beat, but if we are rating overall experience Beach Club wins.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
question about beach club, do they not have room service anymore? I was looking online and saw it was only port orleans and a couple other moderate locations and not deluxe. Maybe I was looking at wrong info. If they do have it have any of you used it like for breakfast? There is probably delivery and service fee charges tacked on?
I stayed at the Beach Club in August and had room service. They had meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't remember the service/ delivery fee but the prices weren't too bad in my opinion.

OneofThree

We've never stayed at BC, but did our first "tour" of YC recently, which we really enjoyed. Hard to believe BC rooms and service differ significantly from its sister resort, and if that's any indication, I'd have to say Poly, and it's not close.

KordovaJD

I have to go with Poly here as well based on the age of the kids. We stayed at Poly with my kids in May 2015 when they were 3 years and 10 months, respectively, and again in 2017 when they were 4 (almost 5) and 2.5 years, respectively. The easy one and easy off of the monorail with a stroller is imperative. We're headed back in October this year, and they will be 6.5 and 4.5 years, respectively, so we're considering moving away from monorail. That said, the bus service has gotten so unreliable that it may still be worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom