Resident Seasonal Pass MagicBands?

Alan Locke

Original Poster
Hey guys, I just bought my friend and his wife seasonal passes for their wedding present. I was under the impression I would be able to order them custom MagicBands so I could then surprise them with the bands. However no where in MDE allows me to order bands. I know for regular AP's you can order them through MDE, am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

sjhym333

You are a great friend. A Magic Band order will appear when the pass is attached to a MDE account. Your friend will need to set up a MDE account or you will and then give them the login info. From my experience the Magic Band order appears when the AP is scanned at a turnstile. If you haven't given the gift yet you probably have the printed ticket order page. You should be able to connect that ticket # to the MDE account. If not I would suggest you call Disney and they will be more then happy to connect the ticket to the MDE account and ask them to push the Magic Band order. I have added 3 AP's as gifts to family members and all three Magic Band orders did not appear until they first used their tickets at the turnstiles.

Alan Locke

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I called them and they told me no matter what they have to be activated first at the park. So my only options it seems are to drive 3 hours to Orlando and activate them, or just give them some lame pieces of paper.

sjhym333

You really are a good friend. Unfortunately you cannot activate someone else's pass. You may want to think about putting together a nice gift basket with their ticket info

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom