Reserving Certain Rooms

Kevlin

Hello all:
I just recently discovered this site and I really enjoy it. My family and I are staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of July. We were there at Dixie Landings three years ago and had a room close to the last bus stop for the resort. We really liked that from our stop the next stop was the park.

When we made our reservation last fall, the Disney reservation clerk said they could not guarantee a specific location. Is there any way to request a specific location at a resort, or do we have to wait until check in and hope they can meet our request?

Also, I was reading the Unofficial Guide to WDW and thought the Whispering Canyons restaurant at WL looked pretty interesting. The special activities by the waiters look like they would be entertaining to my kids (ages 7 & 2). Can any give me first hand experience from this restaurant?
Thanks,

Pioneer Hall

Like you stated Disney can not guarantee requests, but you definately can ask. Call CRO and tell them your request. Then 5 days prior to your arrival, call the resort directly and tell them the same request. Then mention it at Check-in.

Also if you are interested in Whispering Canyon Cafe, you might also enjoy Ohana at the Polynesian. It is the same type of eatery, but in the Hawaiin atmosphere. I have never been there, but have heard many good things about it. And with the ages of your kids I think they will like it more that Whispering Canyon. They play games, and are very kid oriented at Ohana. They probably won't understand the humor at Whispering Canyon, which makes me think that Ohana would be a better choice.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I agree with DisneyInsider; they may not guarantee your room request, but if you are persistent and call in advance, you are quite likely to have your request honored. We've stayed at several Disney resorts in the past, and never had a problem.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

I have learned over the years that you have to be very nice to the CM at check-in. When you are checking in ask for a map of the resort (or if you know the area you want) then ask the CM if you can have that area (eg-floor, building, etc...). Most of the time they will give you what you want (hey they are Disney they are paid to be nice. LOL.). So be nice and ask. Calling ahead does nothing. Only if you want non-smoking is it good to call ahead. Hopes this helps. I always ask for the rooms near Ol' Man Island. They are the best rooms. :)

Upvote 0

Figaro

Whispering Canyons was so much fun! My 2 yr old loved it, They had horse races around the restaurant for the kids, and a few adults too. The waiter staff are really into making sure you have a good time. I would definately recommend it! This was one of the few highlights from our last trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom