Reservations??

WLF219

Original Poster
Hi, we are going to disney Jan 19-Jan 27.

It will just be my husband and me (no children). we like to eat later (around 8:00-ish). We are not sure about reservations.

We don't know what we will be doing each day necessarily, we will most likely go to a park, then go back to our hotel, change for dinner, and then go eat later. We have no idea if we should make reservations - is there a list of restaurants that we should try to make reservatiosn for? Or should we be okay to just "wing it"?

Is there any CAN'T MISS theme restaurant we should try for?

I don't want to get there and find that we can't eat anywhere. When we called the 800 number they said to only worry about reservations at theme resturants.

Thank you!

tigsmom

With the popularity of the dining plan, it is getting harder & harder to just wing it. Why not pick out two or three restaurants that you would like to try and make reservations for them...you can wing it the rest of the way, but be prepared to settle for whatever is left for the evening in sit downs and lines at counter service. You could always cancel your reservations if your plans change or you find something better. Use 1-(407) WDW-DINE to book.

Have you checked out the menus here and on allears? That would give you a good idea of what is out there that will suit your tastes.

Nemo14

Since it will not be too busy when you are there, you might be able to get by without reservations, but if you plan to eat at any of the more popular restaurants, it wouldn't hurt to make your reservations ahead of time. You can always cancel them if you find that you're not going to be eating then. I'd suggest that you take a look through the menus on this site and on allears and see if there are any must-do's for you, then go ahead and make a few reservations. There are lots of people here who will help you with that!

davinakb

The later time may work in your favor a bit, but I'd still recommend making a priority seating when you can. And agree with Nemo about checking out the menus, see what appeals to you (and your wallet).

RE: "can't miss theme restaurant" do you mean: theming of the food, the restaurant, the resort or service? Character or not? We love all the signature dining places, but they are expensive. Most are in well themed resorts, with a menu them to match (i.e. Jiko in the AKL has African flair to food, and impressive South African wine list). The parks also have some nice themed places, like the SciFi Drive In at MGM. FWIW.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'd suggest ADRs at Le Cellier, California Grill, Cinderella's Royal Table, Boma or Jiko if you're interested in any of those [if you can even get them now]. Most other places you should be OK if you're prepared to be flexible. Late January should be fairly quiet.

Good luck and have a great vacation! I'll be there a couple of weeks later :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom