Reservation Question

DMut

Original Poster
Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseam already, but I am a new user!!

My wife and I are visiting for 3 nights in mid-November. After discussing our plans with the WDW agent, she convinced us that the DDP was the way to go. So we booked it. However, we have been unable to get reservations at any of the restaurants we want, particularly the California Grill. We are hoping when we arrive, we will be able to get one, or just show up one night and wait for a table, even if its an hour. My main question is do reservations often open up last minute? Did we make a mistake with the dining plan? Thanks!

Sam02

Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseam already, but I am a new user!!

My wife and I are visiting for 3 nights in mid-November. After discussing our plans with the WDW agent, she convinced us that the DDP was the way to go. So we booked it. However, we have been unable to get reservations at any of the restaurants we want, particularly the California Grill. We are hoping when we arrive, we will be able to get one, or just show up one night and wait for a table, even if its an hour. My main question is do reservations often open up last minute? Did we make a mistake with the dining plan? Thanks!

I would keep calling everyday to see if something opens up, even up to the day of. Also try other restaurants and different times. I've heard lunches are easier to get into then dinner. You can definately try doing a walk up but be expected to be turned away. The DDP is very populare and reservations can go quickly, especially at places like the California Grill.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Reservations can open up but I would not bet the farm on it and walk ups especially at popular places like California Grill, Cinderella's Royal Table, Le Cellier etc are as rare as hen's teeth.

I do not think the dining plan was a mistake but being such short notice you will have trouble making reservations. Many of the more popular restaurants book out 180 days in advance. All you can really do is keep trying

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom