Renting watercraft

tigger1968

Can anyone provide any information on renting the water mice? We are staying at AKL, but would like to visit one of the Lagoon resorts and rent a couple of them one day if possible. Can you rent one even if you are not staying at one of the Lagoon resorts? Is there one that is easier to rent from than another?

Thanks! :D

UncleJeet

You can rent them from any resort that has them available. I rented one years ago, when they were called Water Sprites. It was a little pricey, but I can't remember the exact amount. However, it was good fun and I don't remember it being any sort of a hassle to rent from the Contemporary. I'm sure it's just as easy at any of the other resorts.

UncleJeet

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

There are a bunch of different boats to rent, and some are only available at certain areas...so be sure you go to the right place. Pontoon Boats and Water Mice are available everywhere, but the best place for those are the Seven Seas Lagoon (almost no No Wake Areas).

Have Fun...boating is a blast!

Upvote 0

Marijil

Just an idea but its not much more to rent a pontoon and they are able to hold many more people, the mice are tiny and not really that fast...pick up sandwiches at whatever resort you are visiting and picnic on the water

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Marijil
Just an idea but its not much more to rent a pontoon and they are able to hold many more people, the mice are tiny and not really that fast...pick up sandwiches at whatever resort you are visiting and picnic on the water

The Mice are a lot better. They may not be the fastest things in the world (yes they are faster than Pontoon, or at least feel that way to the rider). Their size though makes them great. They are tiny which makes them fly over waves. That is the best part of renting then. Hitting the waves on the resort ferry boats.

Upvote 0

all41

During my recent August trip, while my daughter was doing "Tea with Wendy" at the Grand Floridian, I walked over to the dock with my son and we rented a 2 seat water mouse. Getting to drive a boat and see the Magic Kingdom from that vantage point was great. It was easy to get in and out and they were very helpful. Gave us towels to keep us dry and held our bags safely back at the doc. It was the highlight of my trip.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by AriBelle23
The water mice at the Polynesian go the fastest and the ones at caribbean Beach go the slowest!! Have fun!! :)

I was just about to post that, Aribelle23.

I was looking at renting some at the CBR and at the Polynesian (never got to though because it was ALWAYS freaking raining). There is a slight price difference to rent to water mice at the different resorts. It is slightly higher at the Polynesian due to the fact that their boats have a little more horse power than the boats at CBR. Nonetheless, they were still around $25 for a 30 minute rental.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by antoinebusby
I was just about to post that, Aribelle23.

I was looking at renting some at the CBR and at the Polynesian (never got to though because it was ALWAYS freaking raining). There is a slight price difference to rent to water mice at the different resorts. It is slightly higher at the Polynesian due to the fact that their boats have a little more horse power than the boats at CBR. Nonetheless, they were still around $25 for a 30 minute rental.

I think the boats are all the same...it is just a matter of perception that makes them seem to go faster. The price difference is probably because of the area you have at the Polynesian. You have all of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Both with few No-Wake zones and with lots of fun "traffic". Caribbean Beach has its own lake with very little activity meaning that really the only people who rent there are the ones staying there. You will see that the MK resorts get a lot more people than just the guests staying at those resorts. People and Disney both know that is the prime spot to boat, and they charge you for that. For the 5 dollar difference though, the MK area is definately worth it.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I think the boats are all the same...it is just a matter of perception that makes them seem to go faster. The price difference is probably because of the area you have at the Polynesian. You have all of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Both with few No-Wake zones and with lots of fun "traffic". Caribbean Beach has its own lake with very little activity meaning that really the only people who rent there are the ones staying there. You will see that the MK resorts get a lot more people than just the guests staying at those resorts. People and Disney both know that is the prime spot to boat, and they charge you for that. For the 5 dollar difference though, the MK area is definately worth it.

You are probably correct on this, DisneyInsider. The CM working the Polynesian rental counter, at the time I asked about the prince difference, told me the boats were more expensive to rent at the Polynesian versus the CBR because of the differences in horsepower. Although, I bet the boats are the same, and she was just pulling some information out from who knows where just to get me to shut-up. LOL!!!

Upvote 0

Donfan

Water Mice

Many year ago, about 1987, I rented some Water Mice at the Fort Wilderness Marina. Using them on the big lake was really a lot of fun. I would bet that with River Country out of action, you could probably be assured of getting some if you went over there to rent them. Some of the busier resorts might not always have them available, especially during busy times of the day.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
boating

Forget the water mice, spend bigger bucks to take a guided fishing trip. As part of our Honeymoone package last November, I took a half day trip and it was awsome. We anchored right next to the dock where the steamboat moores at the Magic Kingdom and caught bass for a solid hour before I got tired. Its a great experience!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! We've talked about doing this before, but we really are this trip! I realized that I had not asked about rates...So it's $25 for 30 minutes? Is there a better rate if you rent longer? Or is just based on how long you stay gone, and you pay that flat rate?

Thanks again for all the info! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

scottsalisbury

Beach Club Water Mice

There is definitely a difference in speed. The engines seem to be the same but they have governors on them to control the speed. At the Beach Club with all the bridges and the narrow canals the speed is very slow and not worth renting. This year we will be renting from the Poly.

Scott

Upvote 0
Originally posted by tigger1968
Thanks for the tips! We've talked about doing this before, but we really are this trip! I realized that I had not asked about rates...So it's $25 for 30 minutes? Is there a better rate if you rent longer? Or is just based on how long you stay gone, and you pay that flat rate?

Thanks again for all the info! :sohappy:

Now I can't remember exactly what I paid last week but around $20/halfhour i want to sya $30/hour. that was at the poly, the rates are the same at all seven seas lagoon resorts and bay lake resorts (gf, poly, cr,fw, wl) also downtown disney marina runs the same rates. not sure on the speed of the boats there, not as much to do at that lake ethier. ! more thing to note if the resort is out of water mice, you don't event want to think about being on that lake its wayyyyyyyyy to crowded and I've never seen this happen yet. last week when I went out there were 10-15 rental boats out at that time, 1 ferry boat, the radio disney boat from ak, 6 of the other transport boats. and 3 lake patrol boats.

Yes they are faster at the seven seas lagon and bay lake however it doesn't mater where you rent they are all set up the same. if you have one thats not up to speed bring it back to the marina you rented from and get another.

also heres a picture if it helps

showphoto.php

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom