Renting Points and DDP

cursivesailor

Original Poster
Hi. I am looking into renting points for the first time this fall.

I understand you can still purchase the DDP, but what about the free DDP offers?

Are people staying thru DVC still able to get the free meal plan thats offered or does it have to be OOP?

Thanks, in advance!

stevehousse

Exactly what joe said, but the price u r saving staying deluxe and renting points and paying for the dinin plan is worth way more than the free dining plan is! I highly suggest renting points if u can. U basically are paying moderate resort level prices to stay deluxe! Go for it!

Weather_Lady

No, you can't get "free" dining when you rent DVC points.

But as @stevehousse said, it's worth it anyway in most cases. (For example, we're paying something like $1,600 for the DDP for 4 adults and 2 children for 6 nights in May. However, by renting points for that stay, we're saving over 40% ($2,500) off of the $6,000 rack rate for the same 2-bedroom villa at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. So in the end, by renting DVC points, it's as if we got "free" dining (value of $1,600) plus a room discount of $900!

Last edited:

Obi

we went with dvc rental store last september. great service. had no problems with them. in the process of using them again to rent points for our disneymoon in october.

bubster

Hi. I am looking into renting points for the first time this fall.

I understand you can still purchase the DDP, but what about the free DDP offers?

Are people staying thru DVC still able to get the free meal plan thats offered or does it have to be OOP?

Thanks, in advance!

You can get the DDP if you rent DVC points but it will be OOP. You can get a cash reservation through Disney during free dining but that is scary expensive since during free dining you are paying rack rates.

If you rent points from a member or David's the owner you are renting from will have to add it to the reservation for you and it has to be paid in full at the time it's added. You can add it up to 48 hours before your reservation starts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom