Renting an ECV at the parks

Ricky Spanish

So 26 days til our trip and we find out that the wife has a partially torn meniscus.
Normally we stay on property but this trip we are at Flamingo Crossing.
I know it’s cheaper and easier to rent a scooter from a third party, but since we will be driving our personal vehicle to and from the parks that’s not an option.
So what I‘m asking is how bad is availability for scooters at the parks?
She keeps telling me she won’t need one but her limping is getting worse and now it’s affecting her good knee.

ladydi

I don’t know what the availability is like in the parks but we rented one for my dad and brought it to universal with us in the car. They fold down and really aren’t that heavy.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

We have only ever rented an ECV while in the parks. We rope drop, so there is never a problem getting one. We also had no trouble going to another park in the afternoon and getting an ECV. Now? I would hope it would be just as easy as it was for us precovid.
Also, if you go to another park the same day, just show your receipt and you get another ECV for free that day.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

My dad is in this situation this trip. He is planning on renting an ECV and availability and reliability of them are my concern. I told him to rent one that can easily be transported but he doesn't want to be a bother. I guess we will see how it goes. He also has a temporary disability placard. I have no idea where that parking is, but I assume it is close enough to the park entrances (except MK) that he can walk to it and then get the ECV after entering, right? How long does it take to rent one? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

So 26 days til our trip and we find out that the wife has a partially torn meniscus.
Normally we stay on property but this trip we are at Flamingo Crossing.
I know it’s cheaper and easier to rent a scooter from a third party, but since we will be driving our personal vehicle to and from the parks that’s not an option.
So what I‘m asking is how bad is availability for scooters at the parks?
She keeps telling me she won’t need one but her limping is getting worse and now it’s affecting her good knee.
She might be ok. Torn meniscus can hurt in different ways, often. It's the things like crouching down that can hurt the most. My guess getting into the rides and off and bending it during that will be the worst of it, in fact walking might alleviate the pain, but of course everyone is different. You can see how she feels, and if it's bad enough try to scoop one up at the park, can always go with wheelchair and push her if need be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom