Renting a boat to watch the fireworks

BeautyBelle

My husband and I were discussing our upcoming September trip and were wondering about going out on the 7 seas lagoon to watch the fireworks one night. We were thinking of maybe doing it one of the nights MK closes early for MNSSHP. Are the only fireworks that night at 10:15? That's what it looks like on google but I thought I'd check to be sure. I'm not sure how we would hang out for 4 hours between park closing and fireworks starting, since we are not going to the party itself. Thanks!

Worldlover71

Yes, the fireworks are only once a night. After the MK closes to day guests, you could have a leisurely meal at one of the MK resort hotels and then watch the Electrical Water Pageant from one of the beaches. If you don't want a full meal, there are also lounges in all the hotels.

Upvote 0

Driver

My husband and I were discussing our upcoming September trip and were wondering about going out on the 7 seas lagoon to watch the fireworks one night. We were thinking of maybe doing it one of the nights MK closes early for MNSSHP. Are the only fireworks that night at 10:15? That's what it looks like on google but I thought I'd check to be sure. I'm not sure how we would hang out for 4 hours between park closing and fireworks starting, since we are not going to the party itself. Thanks!
You know about the "Pirates and Pals" right?

Upvote 0

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't know if they let you rent boats that late. You can charter boats to watch the fireworks, but that is going to cost more then a rental.

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

its amazing. we hired 2 boats as we got married jan 18.
its was the best view.
each boat is in sync with the music and fireworks (although the speed of sound and light differs being a little further back, basically the firework bang is a few seconds longer than if you were by the castle lol)

we did it jan so it was a little chilly but they supplied us with thick blankets which was nice. the boats are also full a free snacks (shhhhh not sure if they are meant to be lol) but in september it will be shorts and t shirt.

it was brilliant. i would try and do it every time aslong as the budget allows.

edit - The boats where driven by a disney sailor :) not ourselves as they have to park them in certain positions for the firework and they give out facts about seven sea lagoon.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve done it twice before. It gives you a unique perspective of the fireworks. Our boat pilot on one trip was a retired gentleman who dreamt of working for Disney after selling his business. Not only did we get a great show but had a wonderfully frank conversation about working for Disney.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

its amazing. we hired 2 boats as we got married jan 18.
its was the best view.
each boat is in sync with the music and fireworks (although the speed of sound and light differs being a little further back, basically the firework bang is a few seconds longer than if you were by the castle lol)

we did it jan so it was a little chilly but they supplied us with thick blankets which was nice. the boats are also full a free snacks (shhhhh not sure if they are meant to be lol) but in september it will be shorts and t shirt.

it was brilliant. i would try and do it every time aslong as the budget allows.

edit - The boats where driven by a disney sailor :) not ourselves as they have to park them in certain positions for the firework and they give out facts about seven sea lagoon.
You definitely pay for the snacks!

Upvote 0

ppet

We did this once, it was great until the pontoon started taking on water. Luckily we made it back to Poly before sinking. At least Disney provided us another boat.

Upvote 0

hanwill

I have done it at Epcot as well as the MK. We loved it at Epcot because you get really up close to what is going on- they put you under the bridge from England to France during the fireworks. At the MK- it is a little far back- for seeing what is going on at the castle... just FYI>

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom