Remove The Stage In Front Of The Epcot Fountain.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This is my thread to state that I'd like Epcot to not look so much like a concrete city. Please remove the stage in front of the fountain in Epcot!

I saw a picture on someone's gallery from back in the 80's and the area where the fountain now stands was full of flowers and looked awesome!

That's a biggy with me. Every time I see that thing I think how bad it looks sitting there.

Maria

I agree with you. I am not sure how often they use that stage, but I don´t think it´s that frequently, is it?
I´d like to see the Fountain with flowers a lot better than those steps and empty stage there.
Maybe if there were continuous shows there it wouldn´t bother me that much, but in the mean time, I think I would like it better without it.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Exactly!

that thing is not used that often, at least not enough to have that ugly thing there.

I never see anything on it.

meeko_33785

I've always disliked the concreet feel of that area. I can't remember what it was like before they put that stage in but, then again I never spent that much time in Future World back then. I think adding some more greeenspace in the area would be very nice.

colliera

Retro the fountain.

The fountain is my favorite place in all of Epcot. I will stand transfixed watching it while my family waits for a few minutes before the try to drag me on though the rest of the park and I'm the one that is usually the head commando keeping the group on schedule.

I even recall when they put a plywood cap on the fountain to bring in the aerial circus acts over it. Anyone else remember that?

I agree that the fountain could look much better than it is today.
If that is removing the stage or adapting it in some other way I couldn't say but it certainly has look better in the past.

Budahman

agreed...

i totally agree as well. ther could be so much cool things done there differently. how often is that really used. i was there even on new years, and it wasnt used the. tear it down, and put up either a hugh flower display or maybe a character meet/greet area.? take care.

Testtrack321

I think they should tear down the stage, but when they do that, they'll have to close down the fountain too, that's where they access the bowls of it and that's also some CM access tunnels underthere. But hey, GET RID OF IT! That's one thing I hope Project Gemini gets rid of!

kurros

The fountain stage is used many times during the year. Recently for that mariachi talent show in october, and there was the Sugar Ray, B-52, etc performances on Mission: Space's opening day. The opening cermonies for the Food and Wine festival and such are done there..

wyldstalyn84

colliera said:
The fountain is my favorite place in all of Epcot. I will stand transfixed watching it while my family waits for a few minutes before the try to drag me on though the rest of the park and I'm the one that is usually the head commando keeping the group on schedule.

I even recall when they put a plywood cap on the fountain to bring in the aerial circus acts over it. Anyone else remember that?

I agree that the fountain could look much better than it is today.
If that is removing the stage or adapting it in some other way I couldn't say but it certainly has look better in the past.
This man could watch that fountain all day if he had the chance!:lol:

Chape19714

The Stage also blocks 3 of the water jets, therefore taking away from the show...that's my biggest grief. I know it's only 3, but it 3 of the 18 around the side that make it look like a cone (an upside-down cone), but now it just looks like a cone with a side missing. maybe i'm just too picky.

It is amazing what you can find on here!

Number_6

I wouldn't mind seeing them remove the stage and replace it with some nice greenery. I'd also like to see the entrance fountain restored to its original glory and remove those LAL tile walls from the front. I feel like I'm walking through a war memorial nowadays instead of entering my favorite Theme Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom