Remember...fireworks

CTXRover

There is one continuous video available from www.remainseated.com and one in three segments at www.mouseinfo.com that shows a little more of the new castle lighting effects.

This show looks absolutely incredible and may just be THE reason to visit DL for its 50th. Its truly outstanding and certainly a show with the "disney geek" in mind ;) Makes Wishes look kind of puny in comparison, and that's just from the videos :(

Joevn

WOW!

LOVE the E-Ticket's Section and the tribute to the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Thanks for sharing those links!

Joe

stitchcastle

It's amazing, the tinker bell part is just pure magic. Although i have to say, it's basically "Wishes: Disneyland Version". But other than that it looks amazing.

I still prefer Wishes though, feels more personal than Remember.

cherrynegra

Wow!! I was totally moved by the video of this new fireworks show. I can't imagine how I'll react seeing it live. Yayyyyy!! I'm sooooooooo driving down there soon!! :sohappy: Thanks for the links everyone.

BRER STITCH

It appears the video was shot from the train platform???

If thats the case, I can't imagine watching this incredible show from anywhere else but Main Street.

Have any of you locals seen the show yet? Is it absolutely overcorwded on Main Street during "Remember"? I'm trying to think of the best place to line up our party for viewing it. We will only have one chance to see it while we're there!

My memory is a little hazy, but I seem to remember from my last visit to DL that it was a pretty small area in front of the Castle. Did they do anything to facilitate better viewing of the new fireworks show?

Can't wait to get over there this September!
Thanks for your help!

:wave:

xfkirsten

BRER STITCH said:
Have any of you locals seen the show yet? Is it absolutely overcorwded on Main Street during "Remember"? I'm trying to think of the best place to line up our party for viewing it. We will only have one chance to see it while we're there!

My memory is a little hazy, but I seem to remember from my last visit to DL that it was a pretty small area in front of the Castle. Did they do anything to facilitate better viewing of the new fireworks show?

I haven't... but I will tomorrow! I've heard that Main Street is PACKED during the fireworks, even on a relatively low-attendance day.

The hub is fairly small compared to WDW, yes. But they haven't really modified the hub at all, you just gotta claim your space and defend it. ;)

sponono88

I was at the special preview on Monday..OMG i've never seen so many people on Main Street. It was impossible to walk. There must have been millions of people, ok maybe not millions but thousands!! Oh my gosh, we had to sit in a bench nearby to wait for them to leave. It was very scary. I can't even imagine how it's going to be in the summer. :eek: Oh and btw, watch the show from the hub in front of the castle, you will have to stand really close to other people but the show is worth it. :sohappy:

xfkirsten

Thanks for the tip! :) I make it a point never to leave right after the fireworks anyways - that's just a mess. I never leave right after Fantasmic, either, for the same reason. :p

cherrynegra

Just based upon my viewing of the video, it confirms what I've read in other reports of the new fireworks show. The best seats are going to be in or near by the hub. There's a lot going on that I think you might miss if you're at the end of Main Street or even watching the show from another land. Like the changing light displays on the castle. When the public realizes that, oooo is it gonna be a crush in that area.

CTXRover

^^I've heard a lot about "you have to be the hub" to see this show. It seems to me though you wouldn't want to be so close to the castle as the one video from mouseinfo showed. I would much rather stand farther down Main Street, like the one from remainseated, and be able to take in everything all at once, vs seeing glimpses of things to the sides and behind me. I honestly don't know though, I'm just trying to figure out where the best spots are for when I see it in person (only two more months...so excited :) )

I think like Wishes, the best spot to really enjoy the full show is along Main Street. But in terms of high aerial fireworks, the show is probably good from around the park.

I never saw Believe..., but wasn't that a show best seen from Main Street too or not?

xfkirsten

I saw it last night and OMG, Illuminations is no longer my favorite Disney fireworks show. It was solidly booted off the throne last night. Remember is absolutely incredible. For those of you watching it on video, it doesn't do it justice. It's such an all-around-you sort of experience that the limited scope of a video camera just physically can't take it in. The fireworks aren't just something to look pretty anymore and fit the storyline... they ARE the storyline, moreso than any other fireworks show I've ever seen. And yes, the Hub is definitely the place to be! Since the fireworks are shot up all around you, IMHO it takes away from that effect if you're on Main Street, outside the "circle" of fireworks. Especially the Mansion segment - the perimeter fireworks fit perfectly. No way out, and you're surrounded...

As a side note, seeing it last night with thousands of other die-hard fans was awesome. Everyone knew all the quotes from the rides, and everyone said them along with the show. The excitement over the show was so amazing! RU42 was standing next to me videotaping, so hopefully he'll get that up soon. Hearing thousands of people saying "...to find... a way out!" was hilarious! :lol:

RU42

Video from me is comig soon - tonight hopefully!

Viewing: If you have one time to view it stand in the middle of Main Street, inthe hub circle area, where the road from Matterhorn intersects the circle.

You will have a great view of the Castle to see the projections. You can see the top of the MH and Tinker Bells entiter flight (if you can't see the top 1/4 of the Matterhorn position yourself so you can.) And also from that spot you will see the fireworks without trees and the parimeter fireworks should be great too.

That is my videographer's opinion. I think this location will beat out the end of Main Street as the prime viewing spot because of all of the new elements.

RU

mwhitney

Loved it

Saw the fireworks this week.

I want Tinkerbells job. Too fun. There is a tress that is suspeneded from the matterhorn similar to the one wire Belive show years ago. It is moved along a wire system that is truly seamless. Though, the second night we saw her, she got stuck- and they couldn't shoot some of the pyro off the Castle. The third night- as if to make up for it, "she" went nuts and flew all over the place. It was amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom