Relive The Magic DVD Set--Any buyers?

schro513

Original Poster
I know there have been a few threads on this in the past, but has anyone bought this set recently? I saw the price was down to $40 ($53 with shipping) so I finally decided to take the plunge. Any thoughts from those that have gotten it as to whether or not I made a good purchase?

Raven66

We bought it before Christmas. We finally got to start watching it a few weeks ago. It wasn't bad. But there was a few of the CD's that would skip and then freeze. I sent them an email and explained that I tried them on all of our players and they just didn't work. They sent us a whole new set and told us to keep the old ones. We just got the new set a few days ago, so we haven't been able to test them out yet.

thecompman

I ordered this set some time ago while the price was way above $40, not very happy about that, but anyway the set is pretty cool. I do feel that their camera skills could use some work, but overall for amateur video it's pretty good, and considering the amount of video they shot I understand its a huge job.
I had the same problem, that most of the discs would freeze and skip, and this was due to the fact that they sent the discs without any cases, in the cold and they stuck to the envelopes. I emailed them and they sent me a brand new set, with jewel cases.

yoda_5729

I have bought this set and enjoy it. I also had a problem with a disc or two and they very nicely sent another in the mail free.....which was very nice :) Hopefully they add on to this at some point to make it a bit more complete. But I will say for the most part that I was happy with the discs, and I paid a lot more for it too...there is a review of the discs at disneyworldtrivia.com if you are curious.

that_L_do_pig

I've had the WDW one for about a year and got the DLR one a few months back. My comments are consistent with what has already been said above. It's a great set to have around to get your fix. Don't expect a polished presentation, which is no big deal. Expect a thorough amount of raw audio/video that will let you relive the moments and check out things you have never gotten around to.

Nut4Disney

We bought it before Christmas. We finally got to start watching it a few weeks ago. It wasn't bad. But there was a few of the CD's that would skip and then freeze. I sent them an email and explained that I tried them on all of our players and they just didn't work. They sent us a whole new set and told us to keep the old ones. We just got the new set a few days ago, so we haven't been able to test them out yet.

I ordered some last year, and I had the same problem. Almost every DVD would freeze. I e-mailed them and they sent me new one and told me to keep the old ones. The new ones are just as bad or worse. I'm sick of dealing with it now, so I guess I'm just out $100 (which is what I paid). In all honesty most of them aren't done very well. Some of them made me queasy, as the guy filming would move the camera back and forth very quickly while filming gift shops adn resorts. (still not sure why someone would want to see a gift shop) Their website says that there was no herky-jerky video segments, which just wasn't the case.

dolbyman

if your a bit computer savy you can build your own park dvd with footage from all the free sources of the net ..

when they used to charde way over 150$ for those dvd I called peeps crazy for buying those .. but so many dvd's (self burned on some pc or copy station) 40$ is in range of "OK" .. but still if you not afraid of some own work .. bulild your own dvd's :wave:

schro513

Original Poster
Wow, what a difference a few days can make. I ordered the 20 disc set last week at $39, I noticed over the weekend that the price had creeped up to $55, and now looking today I think it was at $77! Talk about supply and demand fluctuations, I'm glad I looked when I did!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom