Religious services

Maria

Originally posted by Anne Stepien
:fork: Just found out: as of 8/11/02 all religious services at Luau Cove at The Polynesian are cancelled!

I was surprised to find a little devil in your post regarding religious services! :lol: :animwink:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I had originally heard that it as only the protestant, but now I understand that it is all of them. I don't understand why they are doing this, must have not been enough people for them to bring in a minister for the morning.

Upvote 0

Maria

If you are Catholic, better got to Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine....nice church, full of tourists and international cast members... hehe...

By the way, if someone from here goes, could you do me a favor? :D

There is a tile mural in the Chappel at the left of the main entrance that tells the story of the Virgin of Guadalupe, the Mother of all mexicans, which I never took a picture of while I was there. I would like to have a picture of it since it was beautiful and the indian to whom she appeared (Juan Diego) was canonized by the Pope here in Mexico last week. I was very surprised there was a chappel for Her there and would like to have a picture of it. If any of you could take it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I had originally heard that it as only the protestant, but now I understand that it is all of them. I don't understand why they are doing this, must have not been enough people for them to bring in a minister for the morning.

I find this hard to believe whenever we've been to Catholic mass the place is bursting at the seams, :(
Must be some other reason

Upvote 0

Anne Stepien

Original Poster
:hammer:

Sure there's another reason for this: Disney's ego trip! Guess they figure they don't need something to keep folks in the world on a Sunday morning!!! WE used to go to mass (which was always SRO--even during the slow times of year) and have breakfast at the Poly, do some shopping and then head to the parks (usually MK). Disney wants to help out all the fine businesses on International Drive??????:veryconfu :brick:

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

:hammer:

Sure there's another reason for this: Disney's ego trip! Guess they figure they don't need something to keep folks in the world on a Sunday morning!!! WE used to go to mass (which was always SRO--even during the slow times of year) and have breakfast at the Poly, do some shopping and then head to the parks (usually MK). Disney wants to help out all the fine businesses on International Drive??????:veryconfu :brick:
thats exactly what we did!
I think Sunday morning is the only time you had difficulty getting a PS for breakfast at the Poly:animwink:

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

HUHH????????? Then why is the Polynesian Luau still being offered???????:lookaroun

Anne, maybe this will help you.

Polynesian Resort - The Fiji and Aotearoa long houses are currently closed to guests they undergo building refurbishment.

Upvote 0

Anne Stepien

Original Poster
Originally posted by sandjhooker

Anne, maybe this will help you.

Polynesian Resort - The Fiji and Aotearoa long houses are currently closed to guests they undergo building refurbishment.

No this doesn't help at all! That is not the location of the Luaua or the religious services!

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Catholic Sunday services are offered at Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine. They offer a shuttle from the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

OK--apologies in advance if I am spreading mis-information.

Here's what I found on another board:

Just got off the phone with someone from Mary, Queen of the Universe Church, whose priest had been saying Mass at the Poly. The very nice lady said in addition to their priest who said Mass on Sundays, another priest from Tampa had performed the service, but he is retired. With only one priest, apparently they had more than 900 people attend a recent service and had to turn people away.

She said Disney also told them they would be renovating soon and had no where else to accommodate them. In short, there is a priest available, but it was Disney's decision to stop services.

She said she has heard that Mears would be providing a bus to take worshippers to Queen of the Universe for 9:30 Mass and that it would cost $10 round trip. Maybe someone else can confirm this with Mears or Disney.

and another post:

I called Disney directly - as well as speaking to the Staff at the Polynesian. There is a shortage of priests. I stated above; This is not something new. They had to eliminate the 8 a.m. mass a few months ago.

yet more pieces to the puzzle....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom