Reimagineering [COSMIC REWIND BRAINSTORMING OPEN!]

Orange Cat

This wouldn’t improve the ride itself but make it so IGN never reviewed that ride, that’s just so wrong we need to live in a universe without that, that’s my only contribution, I don’t & won’t contribute anything more so just appreciate this statement​

MickeyMouse10

This wouldn’t improve the ride itself but make it so IGN never reviewed that ride, that’s just so wrong we need to live in a universe without that, that’s my only contribution, I don’t & won’t contribute anything more so just appreciate this statement​

People are allowed to have different opinions.

Besides I think they are on the money with their verdict. It isn't a fun ride at all and needs vast improvements across the boards. That is why many people are coming up with ideas to fix it.

Orange Cat

People are allowed to have different opinions.

Besides I think they are on the money with their verdict. It isn't a fun ride at all and needs vast improvements across the boards. That is why many people are coming up with ideas to fix it.
No I have nothing against the review itself it’s existence is just… unnatural

SailorMercury

Change the theming to be 616 based. It’s based in Empire State University, with Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider as the main focus.

Make it a story about the multiverse between 616 and 65 and give it a villain (let’s say Mysterio). Replace the Spider Bots with the spiders that make up Gwen’s suit if you want to keep those around (which I personally wouldn’t).

MickeyMouse10

I think Disney made their own bed with "Web Slingers". They wouldn't have as many bad reviews for it if it was themed to someone else. But because it is Spiderman it will get comparisons to Universal's version.

For Instance if it was just the Iron Man franchise's action scenes
- escape from the cave​
- blowing up tanks and soldiers​
- battle with Iron Monger​
- first meeting with Whiplash on the race track​
- scene with Hammer Drones (alongside war machine)​
- final battle with Whiplash​
- helicopter attacks the mansion​
- fire people in a small town​
- final battle with Aldrich Killian (iron man variants show up)​
- fireworks​

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Since WEB Slingers ideas have slowed down, it’s time to move on to our next attraction:
Cars: Road Trip

Would you keep the same ride system?
How would you change the storyline?
What are your best ideas?​

MickeyMouse10

I don't like the new cheap overlay, it seems pointless and boring. It would definitely be hard to fix it with their budget for the attraction. :)

I would have liked it if they made it like "Test Track". But in the attraction Mater is trying to get Mcqueen or a New Racer into racing shape. They even could have put in a create your own "Cars" vehicle section as well w/ different shapes, eyes and props.

All they would have had to do for the ending is make it look like a race track. With possibly a little car with a checkered flag at the end.

Last edited:

Outbound

Since WEB Slingers ideas have slowed down, it’s time to move on to our next attraction:
Cars: Road Trip

Would you keep the same ride system?
Oh boy, so this ride isn't the best. It has little to no theming and is more or less an extended trip to Catastrophe Canyon and back. I understand Disney is focusing their money elsewhere but this is just sad. That said, there's a lot of space for improvement, as you can see in the map below.

1625943254511.png

I would remove all the trees and start from scratch. For starters, theme the entire landscape to look like Route 66. Avoid screens as much as possible and instead create a calming "dark ride" variant of Radiator Springs Racers. Catastrophe Canyon can stay as a midpoint setpiece, but there will be more to the attraction both before and after.

For a story, anything really will do, but how about Lightning McQueen is traveling up to the Wheel Well Motel to meet Sally for a special date (maybe it's their anniversary) and he doesn't know what to bring. So Lightning goes on a series of misadventures with the characters of Radiator Springs and along the way collects a bunch of souvenirs.

These setpieces could include (just spitballing here):
  • Sheriff Overseeing the Fast and Furious Cars Tugging Bessie
  • A Drive-In Theater Playing Cars 2 (and everyone laughs at how ridiculous it is)
  • Sarge and Filmore Getting into a Hippe/Army Debate
  • Lizzie Tries to Sell Us Old Postcards
  • Luigi and Guido Selling Tires to Authentic Italian Racers
  • Catastrophe Canyon
  • Going Tractor Tipping With Mater (and barely escaping Frank)
  • The Drive Up the Mountain, Entering the Pine Forest w/ Cruz
  • Arriving at the Wagon Wheel Motel
I think this would much more entertaining than what we go. A chilled-out "road trip" version of Radiator Springs Racers, exploring the town and its surroundings from a series of gags and a basic but heartwarming story.

Miru

The road trip, eh? I feel like it’s beyond saving, but...

Mater would take riders on a tour of the countryside, using foliage, rockwork, and animatronics to convey the desert setting, along with painted backdrops, while he commentates on tractors that release smoke, harvesters, bulldozers, and Lightning himself as riders move into enclosed areas from the outdoor setup. However, the ride takes a dark turn where Mater enters a spooky forest, menaced by the Ghostlight, as spon Professor Zundapp appears before riders, who are sent backwards in a flight of fear, and escape from the claws of the Screamin Banshee. The ride ends with Mater taking riders past the waterfall to calm himself down after the terror he just witnessed.

MickeyMouse10

Whoa, good job guys. The new ideas are much better than the one they actually used.

I realize they were trying to save money, but this attraction looks like Scrooge funded it. And I don't mean the kindhearted version at the end of the movie. Who lost his mind and handed out his money to random strangers and that ingrate Bob Cratchit.

I see through your lies Tiny Tim, you're not fooling me either.

MickeyMouse10

Another alternative could have been to just expand Toy Story Land. There's enough space to build the U.S. version instead of Cars Road Trip and double the size.

And they'd have their pick of the litter for attractions and restaurants. Many of the U.S. and Asian attractions aren't currently in Paris' version of the land.

Toy Story Midway Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers
Pizza Planet
Woody's Lunchbox
Toy Box Cafe
Woody's Roundup (Bullseye ride)
Roundup Rodeo BBQ
and Al's Toy Barn

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Another alternative could have been to just expand Toy Story Land. There's enough space to build the U.S. version instead of Cars Road Trip and double the size.

And they'd have their pick of the litter for attractions and restaurants. Many of the U.S. and Asian attractions aren't currently in Paris' version of the land.

Toy Story Midway Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers
Pizza Planet
Woody's Lunchbox
Toy Box Cafe
Woody's Roundup (Bullseye ride)
Roundup Rodeo BBQ
and Al's Toy Barn
That's in my WDSP 2.0 plans, especially since the Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop and RC Racer rides would get into the sightlines of Sunset Boulevard...

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
An eagerly-anticipated new attraction has recently opened! So far the reviews have been generally positive, but that doesn’t mean we can’t introduce any improvements!
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Would you keep the same premise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom