Reimagined Polynesian Island Tower

etc98

Original Poster
I took a stab at redesigning the new Polynesian DVC Island Tower, trying to make it fit in more with the original resort buildings and aesthetic.

I traced over the permits and other plans that I found online, and tried to stick to the original shape and room configuration as much as possible

This is the original concept art:
Rendering_Disney-Vacation-Club-Villas-Planned-for-Disneys-Polynesian-Village-Resort.jpg

Then this updated version was released:
island-tower-polynesian-village-dvc-concept-art-exterior-may-2024.jpg

And this is my version:
Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 11.21.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 11.20.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 11.21.07 PM.png

MickeyMouse10

It fits perfectly with the rest of the resort, unlike what they are currently doing. It is great to see something that actually looks like what it is supposed to be themed to. Unlike what Disney has been doing lately, with the detheming of their parks and resorts. Like Carousel Coffee, 1900 Park Fare, Beaches and Cream, Epcot, Frontierland, etc.

Disstevefan1

I took a stab at redesigning the new Polynesian DVC Island Tower, trying to make it fit in more with the original resort buildings and aesthetic.

I traced over the permits and other plans that I found online, and tried to stick to the original shape and room configuration as much as possible

View attachment 810429

View attachment 810430

And this is my version:
View attachment 810426View attachment 810427View attachment 810428
Beautiful!

I would say Disney should hire you but I would not want your creativity get CRUSHED as they would have done.

etc98

Original Poster
It fits perfectly with the rest of the resort, unlike what they are currently doing. It is great to see something that actually looks like what it is supposed to be themed to. Unlike what Disney has been doing lately, with the detheming of their parks and resorts. Like Carousel Coffee, 1900 Park Fare, Beaches and Cream, Epcot, Frontierland, etc.
Thanks! IMO there are flaws with the fundamental structure of the building, but I wanted to challenge myself to try to make the look of it fit in better without changing the structure too much, height, location of rooms, stair towers, elevators, etc.

Although I did end up finding a more clear set of plans halfway through, and some of the things I had assumed originally were incorrect, so it is off a bit from the real building, especially from the monorail side. There aren’t as many construction update photos, and no concept art from that point of view so it was harder for me to figure out how things were laid out. I might go back and try to fix that at some point.

I also was unsure of the color, because that certainly makes it stand out from the rest of the resort. I tried with more orange walls and red roofs to match the original Poly buildings, but it did not look good at all, so I went with the more beige and brown color scheme of the current tower. I might play around with that some more too to try to bring in some more color.

Chef idea Mickey`=

View attachment 810429

View attachment 810430

And this is my version:
View attachment 810426View attachment 810427View attachment 810428
Stunning!!!!😍😍😍😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom