rehitching at garden grill

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
My wife and I did this a few years ago. It was fun. The characters and your service CM stand you up, they say a few words like do you retake this person...etc, you say your "I Dos", then you kiss, and they make you hold it for ten seconds. Then you get a signed re-hitching certificate and a really yummy cake.

Just make sure you told them you wanted this service before you go (I let them know when I did the PS).

And if you're not the one who likes to stand up before the crowd, don't worry to much. Only a few tables can see you because of the nature of the resturant.

It was fun, and best of all....FREE! :D

Have fun!

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

I did this last October it was so fun . It was a suprise to my dh .The Cm made a big deal out of it and they bring you a cake and I have heard the give out certificates but I didnt get one when we went

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We got hitched on our honeymoon, and haven't gotten around to re-hitching yet. :) It is quite fun, though, with the cake and the kissing and whatnot.

Upvote 0

Thorphin

After how many years of marriage did you get re-hitched? Did you visit for your anniversary?

This is interesting! I've never heard of this service... I wonder if other restaurants offer similar perks?

Jack

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Oooh, thanks Mr. Toad. I was planning on suprising my husband of 10 years with the ceremony. I never thought about THAT possibility !!! Ummmm,
maybe we should co-ordinate or travel plans in case we both suffer that embarassment ? :wave: :lol:

Upvote 0

mrtoad

rosebud's mom said:
Oooh, thanks Mr. Toad. I was planning on suprising my husband of 10 years with the ceremony. I never thought about THAT possibility !!! Ummmm,
maybe we should co-ordinate or travel plans in case we both suffer that embarassment ? :wave: :lol:

I will be there late January. Just let me know... :animwink:

Upvote 0

netenyahoo

We did this during our last trip. I had heard about it and thought it was a neat thing to do especially because it is free. We were a little surprised when they thought it was our anniversary and it said Happy Anniversary on the cake. I didn't think it was an anniversary thing necessarily. It was still fun to kiss though. ;) You could do it anytime though to celebrate your anniversary like many people celebrate their birthdays at WDW when it really isn't their birthday.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Thorphin said:
After how many years of marriage did you get re-hitched? Did you visit for your anniversary?

This is interesting! I've never heard of this service... I wonder if other restaurants offer similar perks?

Jack

It was our 5th year, and yes, we did it on our anniversary.

I belive it's the only one that has it.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
mrtoad said:
I would do this, but what if my wife says no. I would be so embarassed... :lol:

:lol: He he, I actully did that, sort of. When they asked, I looked into my DW eyes, and said....nothing. I made it one of those uncomforable pauses, until she started to get all buggy eyed at me, then I said "I Do".

I think I caused the CM's heart to stop for a second. He didn't know what to do. :goodnevil

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

This is a great idea!. We will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in March and will be going to Disney World (Which is where we honeymooned).

Question:
1) It was mentioned there may be other restaurants? If so, what other restaurants offer this?
2) What characters are at the garden grill?
3) Is there a website I can vist?

Thanks for this wonderful idea.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

I've heard its ONLY at the Garden Grill in Epcot. I think the characters are Chip, Dale, and Mickey. I read about it first on another Disney fan type site. I think it might have been on allears.net. Or it could have been on mousesavers.com as it has a link for free and low-cost things to do. Both sites have a lot of information, but for answers to questions and honest opinions this forum seems best to me.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

rosebud's mom said:
I've heard its ONLY at the Garden Grill in Epcot. I think the characters are Chip, Dale, and Mickey. I read about it first on another Disney fan type site. I think it might have been on allears.net. Or it could have been on mousesavers.com as it has a link for free and low-cost things to do. Both sites have a lot of information, but for answers to questions and honest opinions this forum seems best to me.
Thanks for the additional information.

I agree, I always check here first for my Disney information. This is were the Disney experts are located. :king:

Upvote 0

Thorphin

Thanks much for the info! It's always nice for a seasoned WDW veteran (relatively!) like myself to find out new, thoughtful things Disney is doing for guests, especially at one of favorite restauarants at the World!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom