News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

SpaceMountain77

When Tom Staggs left the Walt Disney Company, his image was removed from the Pandora groundbreaking photo. Bob Chapek announced and described the details for Reflections. I could see them purposefully reimagining the resort to distance it from any associations with Chapek.

JoeCamel

When Tom Staggs left the Walt Disney Company, his image was removed from the Pandora groundbreaking photo. Bob Chapek announced and described the details for Reflections. I could see them purposefully reimagining the resort to distance it from any associations with Chapek.
They are storytellers or so I've heard Bob say.....

GladToBeHear

The Contemporary is not on the lake in Ft. Wilderness. We will also not see anything themed like Wilderness Lodge. It will look more like the new tower at Poly. Between the new cabins and this mess, it's going to completely ruin the feeling of Ft. Wilderness.
It's so depressing to think about. I've been coming to FW since I was a kid in the 70's. It's a special place on property. And this project will completely change the resort forever. The bubble-within-a-bubble will no longer exist.

Surfin' Tuna

t's so depressing to think about. I've been coming to FW since I was a kid in the 70's. It's a special place on property. And this project will completely change the resort forever. The bubble-within-a-bubble will no longer exist.
I didn't discover it until later, but it has been a favorite ever sense. Just like you said it was still a bubble within a bubble.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It's so depressing to think about. I've been coming to FW since I was a kid in the 70's. It's a special place on property. And this project will completely change the resort forever. The bubble-within-a-bubble will no longer exist.
I first stayed at Ft Wilderness in November of 71. My dad got a plaque with first 1000 campers which hang on the wall of his office for many years. If I remember correctly we were 871. He is 91 and hopefully he will stick around another 10 plus years, but he put it in his will to me. It is the only thing I asked for specifically. There are some other things I would love to have from our family trips but that one was the prize! I can't count the many memories I have from Ft Wilderness or just the chill vibe. I can remember in the late 70's my 12 year old brother would taken my 8 year old self on the ferry to the MK with a ticket book because we both had the black light hand stamps from earlier in the day. It was such a different time. Some days we just stayed at the campground and made forts out of the fallen palm fronds. A big highlight was the flashlight shore tours to see the gators. What would the liability be today?

nickys

Premium Member
The Contemporary is not on the lake in Ft. Wilderness. We will also not see anything themed like Wilderness Lodge. It will look more like the new tower at Poly. Between the new cabins and this mess, it's going to completely ruin the feeling of Ft. Wilderness.
The Contemporary is on the shore of Bay Lake. 🤷‍♀️

JD80

It'll look something like this.

1727353063391.png

GimpYancIent

Yep, from concept to actuality it becomes more generic and blander at each step of the process. Way to go Disney!

Indy_UK

Not thrilled that this is going to be in the form of another tower, however... if this is going to be a mixture of Hotel rooms and DVC (which is guaranteed I assume) then I can get onboard.

Added facilities MAY increase appeal to the cabins too dependant on location.

Also kinda nice to see a project get permits and some ground movement before it's been formally announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom