Refillable Mugs?how do they work?

maleficant

Hi
I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find it.
I am just wondering about the refilable mugs.
I will be getting a refillable mug from WL next month and am just wondering how the whole process works?
From what I gather you pay $11.99 or more for a mug and u refil it. I know this some a bit simple but:
1)Can you only use that mug in the resort?
2)When I go to Polynesian do I have to get a new refilable mug?
3)can I use them in the park?
4)is it only sodas I can get?

Having been to disney 4 times I am yet to purchase one of these mugs and am just a little curious as to how the process works.
Hope you can help!

Nicole

You buy it in the "food court" area of your resort. Refills at that same place are free for the duration of your stay. There are no refills at the parks or at other resorts. You can get soft drinks, juice, coffee or anything that's in the drink dispensers at the court.

Upvote 0

eroyee

refillable mug

:wave: Hi. I use mine for hot chocolate every morning when we are there. Of course, its not summer! Make sure you are gonna get a lot of drinks, though, or else they arent worth it. If you are far from your room, then you end up carrying them to the parks with you. Just makes for extra stuff. have a magical stay. we love WL.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

jeremy_angie

me personal dont see the point in these mugs. i mean if you were gonna spend alot of time at the pools or near the lobby.... yes i see it but say your staying at all star music, your in the country building or what ever its called not sure but anyway, ok would you walk all the way to the lobby for a refill? i wouldnt i would buy a 24 case of pop and a cooler and have it there at my dispense? i mean do i have a good point or am i blowing this way out of picture here? just dont make sense to me.

Upvote 0

Shellybelle

I'm drinking out of the one we got from the Contemporary right now.:) They make great souveniers! They were worth it to us because we'd fill it up when we got back from the parks and we ate at the resort food court a lot.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

They are so worth it to us, too. We definitely got our money's worth for each and every one. We filled it up at the food court at breakfast, on the way to the bus, on the way back from the bus, at supper, before bed, etc. My favorite was to buy a white zinfindel at the food court and mix it with Sprite in my refillable mug to make a late night spritzer. Bailey's from the gift shop and coffee worked well in it, too. :slurp: My husband still drinks out of the WL cup daily...so much that the picture is rubbing off the cup.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We buy 4 new ones each trip, you can't use them in different hotels or on other trips. They are good for the length of your stay only. We use them at home all the time so its not a big deal for us.
You get coffee, tea (hot & cold) and all the sodas and hot chocolate at the beverage bar.

Does it pay? For us it does. We each get at least two fill ups per visit...morning coffee and tea, then there is snacks and pool when we take our break and then refills at the end of the day. For four people that really adds up. The WL is easy enough, you fill up in the Roarin' Forks, but if you want hot tea just ask the cashier for a tea bag (no charge).

Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

pescador1f

worth it!!!!

while waiting in line for your transportation, with breakfast at the resort, when you come back from the parks, plenty of times. close the lid when your done & throw it in a backpack, they are not that large.think of all the individual drinks you would buy at the hotel, well worth it.

Upvote 0

Woody13

I never buy them because I don't drink coffee, tea, hot chocolate or sodas. I wrote WDW a letter asking them to include beer in the mug refill program, but I've not received a reply. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Woody13 said:
I never buy them because I don't drink coffee, tea, hot chocolate or sodas. I wrote WDW a letter asking them to include beer in the mug refill program, but I've not received a reply. :veryconfu

I don't know if I'd ever make it to the parks if I could put beer into my mug:lol:

Upvote 0

saltmom1

You can also check on allearsnet.com and there is a section that explains how the mugs work. Especially if you go in the summer, I think they are well worth it. If you have only a few drinks it has paid for itself.

Upvote 0

mitchk

Woody13 said:

Now that's a great idea, though I don't see it happening. Seriously, we get a refillable mug every time we go. For some reason I am always thirsty, and getting a refillable mug is the best way for me to go. I would say I get a refill at least 3 times a day, now that's just me, some people may not drink as much, but for me it is a real money saver. :animwink:

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

Tried to hold back but..

Open the lid.
Make sure there's nothing already in the cup.

Fill with beverage of your choice. Do not overfill.

Put lid back on.

Slide/rotate the little plastic disc so there is an opening for drinking, if you wish.

Have fun with your magical cup:p.

On a more serious note, always hand wash with a soft sponge and soapy water to keep the paint on the mug looking great.

Upvote 0

dazzer68

if you get the mugs without the thin bit at the bottom (!) you can whip the bottom of anf fill with cold water to keep it cooler longer and you can also stash cash in there if your taking it to the pool area!
i went for two weeks and got real value for money out of the mug!

Upvote 0

Pippa

As a Brit I have never worked out why you guys always seem to fill the mug up with ice and then put in a couple of dribbles of coke etc!! Always makes me laugh!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Pippa said:
As a Brit I have never worked out why you guys always seem to fill the mug up with ice and then put in a couple of dribbles of coke etc!! Always makes me laugh!

Because we don't drink soda warm here, or beer for that matter. We like our ice.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

jeremy_angie said:
me personal dont see the point in these mugs. i mean if you were gonna spend alot of time at the pools or near the lobby.... yes i see it but say your staying at all star music, your in the country building or what ever its called not sure but anyway, ok would you walk all the way to the lobby for a refill? i wouldnt i would buy a 24 case of pop and a cooler and have it there at my dispense? i mean do i have a good point or am i blowing this way out of picture here? just dont make sense to me.

We'll depends on what and how much you drink. For me they are well worth it since I drink soda in the morning and evening. So by having the mug I don't have to pay $2 every morning for soda and every evening on the way back from the parks, I stop in and have a few mugs before heading back to the room. So if you add up $4 a day, anything beyond three days has paid for the mug. On top of which I don't want to have to haul a case of soda with me or stop to buy it, I'm on vacation and don't intend on being a pack-mule.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom