Redone Muppetvision??

disney_yeti

Original Poster
If the new Muppet movie is as big of a success as I think it will be, there could be the possibility of a redone Muppetvision in the parks. It just seems like a no-brainer to me.

Bender!

I would actually like to see talks for the Muppet Studios expansion to DHS to open again...although an expansion there doesn't seem likely to me anytime soon.

GrimGrinningCor

Ah, I was once just an observer of this site taking in everything I could from fellow Disney nerds (happy to know I'm not alone)... but this post made me want to respond... and sadly it's not of too much substance other than, god I hope so. I love me so Muppet action. Cheers!

dxwwf3

Muppet Vision 3D is about as close to a perfect filmed attraction you can get. And it hasn't really aged a day since it opened (other than maybe the primitive, but still effective CGI). If the film is a success, how about an expansion, not a replacement.

GrimGrinningCor

Having more Muppets in DHS would be lovely, just not sure where they would go with it? Would love to see character meet and greets, though the idea of Kermit not being a puppet is surprisingly not that attractive to me.

yoyoflamingo

Having more Muppets in DHS would be lovely, just not sure where they would go with it? Would love to see character meet and greets, though the idea of Kermit not being a puppet is surprisingly not that attractive to me.

It was done when Muppetvision first opened. Kermit and Miss Piggy. I doubt they'll bring those costumes out again, but perhaps Living Character Initiative (Bring back Muppet Mobile Labs, or even the Electric Mayhem they announced at D23 2 years ago)

I'm still hoping for Great Muppet Movie ride too, but somehow I think that opportunity has already sailed.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Muppet Vision 3D is about as close to a perfect filmed attraction you can get. And it hasn't really aged a day since it opened (other than maybe the primitive, but still effective CGI). If the film is a success, how about an expansion, not a replacement.

I've always wondered if they could just pull out and replace the CGI character with something more updated. Anyone with kids who watch Sesame Street knows they can do a pretty good job at a CGI muppet these days (Abby's Flying Fairy School), and I can't think it should be too hard to pull out the old and insert the new. The script or film wouldnt even need to change, just have that one character updated and poof, great update to a great film.

Tom Morrow

Waldo isn't supposed to look real, I think thats the point.

The only changes I would want to see done to MuppetVision would be minor updates, like update the scene at the end where you see "outside" so you can tell it wasn't filmed in the 90's.

I would like to see them take the film and clean it up. Maybe update it to digital with the latest 3D technology. Make sure all of the "in room gags" are working, and maybe update some of them (the fireworks on the ceiling could probably be made pretty neat!). Other than that, leave it alone! And definitely DO NOT TOUCH THE INTRO IN THE WAITING ROOM! LOL!!! :)

disney_yeti

Original Poster
I think digital would work. I was wondering if they would add walter somehow. maybe in the preshow or as a soundbyte.

wolf359

MuppetVision was restored and upgraded to digital last year.

If the new Muppet film is a success and leads to greater demand I hope they choose to add more attractions/experiences, and not replace the original show, which is just about perfect.

pumpkin7

MuppetVision was restored and upgraded to digital last year.

If the new Muppet film is a success and leads to greater demand I hope they choose to add more attractions/experiences, and not replace the original show, which is just about perfect.

i was going to say, it only got a full refurb last year. i thought it was brilliant. they don't need to do anything to it.

erasure fan1

You are correct.

This was the last great Muppet project Henson personally worked on and is better than everything that has been done since. If the new movie is a success (and it actually does look pretty good) like dxwwf3 said, expansion is the key. A solid Muppet D-ticket dark ride or something similar would very much fill that "family friendly" void that the park suffers from at the moment. Add that with something similar to Muppet labs and Im a happy guy. Oh yea, we cant forget about a sweetums meet and greet as well. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom