Recommendations

Kay

Original Poster
Hi everybody!

I am headed to WDW with my mom, brother, my mom's friend, and her two kids on Sept. 8.

We are headed down for the Night of Joy thing that is going on that weekend and are staying until the 12th.

This is our 8th trip to WDW but it is our friends' first trip. We are only there for 5 days (including travel time on the plane - which is 2 hrs there and back) so I'm looking for any tips!

My mom is a Disney fanatic so you know...we are kind of set...but we haven't been there since March and I know they have added some more attractions and we have also not been to the Night of Joy before.

Also, one of my mom's friend's kids has severe food allergies and we are taking the Disney Dining Package that is free when you book your rooms and tickets together, so we will have 4 sit down meals to plan. Just wondering if anybody has kids with allergies and would have any tips as to what restaurants are best and what counter service places are the best to go to.

Thanks everybody!

mousebymarriage

The night of joy thing I have heard is very crowded with teenagers.

As far as the food allergy thing: My daughter who is now 8 years old had a SEVERE allergy to milk and eggs when she was little.(no she was not lactose intolerant, totally different thing). Anyway when she was little we always had to stay off-site so I had access to a full kitchen. I would shop at the local supermarket and make all of her meals and just bring them into the park with me in a soft sided cooler with ice packs. When I was questioned by CM's , all I had to do was explain the severity of the situation and they were great about it. In resturants they will gladly heat up anything you want, just explain that it must remain in it's original container( so they don't put it on a plate to heat it or possibly use a utensil to mix that has been used on an allergy producing item).
Thankfully my daughter outgrew her allergies by around age 4, the Doc. said if they continued much after that the chance of outgrowing them would have been 0%.
** My daughter was used to eating out but having her own food because we had been doing it for as long as she could remember, so it was no big deal at Disney either!**

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom