recieved a WDW Parks and Resorts survey this morning .....

Mike&Eloise

I just received a survey via email this morning, it was concerning my checking on some prices and such back in May on the WDW website. I`ve checked on vacation prices dozens of times over the years and this is the 1`st time I can recall getting a survey on my experience while checking on prices. We didn't book anything at that time - but did book for October 2016 as soon as it became possible to do so at the end of June , and have already gotten a little "welcome to your upcoming vacation" package a week or so ago . . Are these surveys common - just curious as I had never seen one before - thanks -- Mike and Eloise

belledream

I've gotten a few...ranging from the likes of 'your recent stay at WDW' to 'we see you've been pricing out WDW vacations, why didn't you book?' etc.

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

I got it as well, and can confirm they're trying to figure out why people do not book.

One question was something along the lines of:

It appears someone in your household priced a Walt Disney World vacation, but did not book. Is this true?
a. Yes, someone in my household priced a Walt Disney World vacation, but did not book.
b. No, someone in my household priced a Walt Disney World vacation, but did book.
c. ...
d. ...
e. ...

I answered b, because we did book, and then it told me "Sorry, we are looking for a different type of candidate to take this survey."

Upvote 0

smk

Tell them their prices are too high for mods and deluxe! Ah shoot, I just read the post about what it said because you booked!

Maybe they are looking to find out how and why people are not booking the more expensive resorts? I hope so, the prices are not quite what every family can afford, even after saving to go. Esp a big family!

Upvote 0

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I got it as well, and can confirm they're trying to figure out why people do not book.

One question was something along the lines of:

It appears someone in your household priced a Walt Disney World vacation, but did not book. Is this true?
a. Yes, someone in my household priced a Walt Disney World vacation, but did not book.
b. No, someone in my household priced a Walt Disney World vacation, but did book.
c. ...
d. ...
e. ...

I answered b, because we did book, and then it told me "Sorry, we are looking for a different type of candidate to take this survey."

People wonder why some of us are cynics regarding WDW surveys, It's because Disney only wants answers which meet their preconceived ideas not REAL DATA, Like the surveys which have only positive options and it's not possible to give negative feedback

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

After our last trip in January we got a survey. First question asked my age and when I typed it in, it said, Thank you for taking our survey.....Huh?
So much for getting my input on the parks......

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

People wonder why some of us are cynics regarding WDW surveys, It's because Disney only wants answers which meet their preconceived ideas not REAL DATA, Like the surveys which have only positive options and it's not possible to give negative feedback

But a survey needs to have a targeted goal. It can't just be about everyone's opinions on everything, or the data would be significantly more difficult to analyze. This one happened to be figuring out why people who priced out vacations didn't actually book, which I think is totally fair.

Upvote 0

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But a survey needs to have a targeted goal. It can't just be about everyone's opinions on everything, or the data would be significantly more difficult to analyze. This one happened to be figuring out why people who priced out vacations didn't actually book, which I think is totally fair.

I've gotten these before and if you answer 'Too Expensive' the survey terminates with "You are not the Desired Demographic", Hence it's more of a push poll where they are trying to collect information to support a predetermined outcome.

You are correct they cannot survey for EVERYTHING, There is a difference between a 'Survey' and a 'Push Poll' one is gathering neutral data on a limited set of variables, The other is designed to gather supporting data for a predetermined outcome and can be identified by it kicking you out if you don't answer a question 'correctly'. Disney's surveys recently have been push polls.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom