Recent BOG Dining Room Selection

grmax5

Original Poster
Can anyone who has recently dined at BOG comment on whether you were able to request a specific dining room? I would really rather dine in the West Wing dining room during our upcoming trip in May but I didn't know if you were allowed to make room requests.

Thanks for your help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can make the request, but everyone requests the West Wing and while the West Wing is pretty cool, dining in there can be a tad of a letdown.

The biggest problem is that everyone that does not dine in the West Wing visits the West Wing. Sadly, far too many of them care more about taking 638 flash pictures of the room than about your dining experience. The room is also fairly dark, and I have never cared for eating in the dark.

Because if this, I prefer the main ball room. The lighting and high ceilings make it feel much more inviting and I love watching the snow fall that is just outside of the rear window.

If you have to dine in the West Wing, an early lunch is the best time to do it.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Sadly, far too many of them care more about taking 638 flash pictures of the room than about your dining experience. The room is also fairly dark, and I have never cared for eating in the dark.

QFT!

For something that probably should be very intimate, it is not! People constantly making their way through the tables to get to the portrait and the rose....then the flashes. Ugh.

Also, if you dont mind waiting, when you checkin for your ADR you can request the wing but this will almost guarantee you a 30+minute wait on top of your ADR. This is not always the truth but additional wait should be planned on.

tinkerblonde11

I didn't know about requesting a room, but my family was placed in the music box room and it was very enjoyable! The pictures on the walls are beautiful along with of course the music box in the middle It makes for great pictures as well as being well lit and a nice atmosphere. Plus you still get time to take pictures (not flash of course :)) in the other rooms without anyone really disturbing you while you were eating (since I'm assuming it's the least popular of the rooms).

Figgy1

Premium Member
I lucked into eating there, just good luck I guess. But somebody I know requested that room and had to wait a while longer to be seated. My advice go there for both lunch and dinner so you can eat in 2 different rooms.

tlev

Before we dined there my daughter said that she wanted to eat in the West Wing. I have read that you can make a request for a specific room and that the wait time is longer for the West Wing. When we arrived for our reservations we were late and flustered and I honestly forgot to ask. So we were seated in the ballroom. It was beautiful!!! After eating we were encouraged to explore the castle so we visited the West Wing. I had read that it was dark in there, but had no idea how dark it actually was. My mother who has poor vision could barely read her menu in the ballroom due to the dim lighting but she would not have been able to see anything in the West Wing. My daughter immediately told me that she was glad that we did not eat there. It was neat to visit, but I'm glad I forgot to ask to be seated in there.

HouCuseChickie

We ate dinner in the ballroom back in Nov 2012 and lunch in the West Wing in Sept 2013. I have to say that while it was cool eating in the West Wing, my younger one was scared by it and the constant parade of people coming in to check it out does get annoying. I honestly enjoyed dining in the ballroom much more and am hoping to eat in the rose gallery next time we visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom