Really have questions about FP+. Can someone just help me out here...

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Hi, Please excuse my ignorance but I truly don't understand the whole Fastpass + concept.

We are staying off-site in May and by then all the parks will be "live" with FastPass+ I presume.

Can some kind person out there explain exactly what a person (who is staying off-site), needs to do to get Fastpasses to rides at MK (and if I need to keep going back to these kiosks you speak of again an again)? Let me start...

I enter MK.....

minniemickeyfan

From what I understand, you will enter MK, go to a FAstpass Kiosk locations around the park, stand in line (hopefully there's not one) and pick out your 3 fastpass attractions you would like for the day. If its like the online one, it will give you 4 choices of times for your 3 attractions.

Ariel484

One thing I'm not sure of is where exactly the FP+ kiosks are located, but you should be able to find that on the park map. There's definitely one in Tomorrowland but that's all I can tell you!

Rob562

It's also possible that Disney will expand access via the MDE phone app and website, but nothing concrete has been announced. For the time being, if nothing changes, what's been posted is the procedure. The only reason you'd have to re-visit a kiosk would be if you wanted to change one of the FP+ you'd scheduled earlier in the day.

-Rob

tink33

We are going this spring too. My husband had to call yesterday to get access to my Disney experience. The rep said you can chance your fast pass up to a minute before your window starts. I'm not sure if this is true.

Rob562

We are going this spring too. My husband had to call yesterday to get access to my Disney experience. The rep said you can chance your fast pass up to a minute before your window starts. I'm not sure if this is true.

That is true. (Though if you're in the park and trying to rely on the phone app and in-park wifi to get it done 1 minute before the start of your FP+ reservation, you might not make it...)

-Rob

JohnD

I haven't been back since the FP+ same-day roll out but I would suggest this -- look at your park guide and find out where the FP+ kiosks are. Avoid the first one closest to the MK entrance and go to one farther in where there would probably be a smaller line.

Dwarful

We haven't hit the 60 day mark yet. But I have my ADR's and know which parks we will visit on which days. Will I get to select my FP times or will they assign me preselected times for my rides? I'd rather have later in the day FP's.

Ariel484

We haven't hit the 60 day mark yet. But I have my ADR's and know which parks we will visit on which days. Will I get to select my FP times or will they assign me preselected times for my rides? I'd rather have later in the day FP's.
You select them based on what's available. :)

You'll pick the 3 attractions and it'll spit out some 4 groupings of times for them. You pick which grouping you want. After that you can go back and change the FP+ times individually if you want to.

JohnD

Are you staying at a resort? If so, then "yes". By that I mean, when you choose which park for your FP+s on a particularl day, it will give you pre-selected options with "best option" and three other options. Select one of the options, then go back in and edit to pick specifically which you want to ride and when.

Dwarful

yes we will be onsite. Thanks. Just trying to plan things out so I know what to do when I hit that 60 day mark.

EOD K9

Here's a question. I am staying on site (and have my confirmation numbers) and will not be buying tickets til I get there. Can I still make FP+ reservations via MDE?

JohnD

Here's a question. I am staying on site (and have my confirmation numbers) and will not be buying tickets til I get there. Can I still make FP+ reservations via MDE?

You have to have already purchased tickets to prove park admission. You can only make FP+ reservations upon purchase. So, the answer is: it depends. If you wait until you show up and purchase your tickets, only then can you input your FP+ reservations.

However, you can purchase the tickets in advance direct from Disney or a third party (e.g. AAA) which gives you FP+ access in advance. My parents purchased tickets from AAA online. e-Certificates were e-mailed to them. (I'm an AP). Our trip is in April. So we printed the certificates out and input the serial numbers directly into MDE and assigned them to my parents. Our 60 day out window begins in early February. You can do the same (make sure to write down which certificate is whose). They'll act as your "tickets" for FP+ purposes. Upon arrival, exchange the certificates for the actual tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom