Re-fillable mugs?

ibisti

Original Poster
Hi we have a Disney dining plan booked for our '13 vacation and as I read it the refillable mug is only refillable in the resort that you are booked in. Is this correct or can you refill them at other locations in the parks or other resorts? I thought you could, but I could be wrong? I thought on a previous vacation that we used them all over the place.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hi we have a Disney dining plan booked for our '13 vacation and as I read it the refillable mug is only refillable in the resort that you are booked in. Is this correct or can you refill them at other locations in the parks or other resorts? I thought you could, but I could be wrong? I thought on a previous vacation that we used them all over the place.
If the official guide says only the resort you are staying at then it's safe to believe you are supposed to only use it at that resort.

Innkeeper's Club

The only exceptions where you can use the mugs at other resorts is if they are sister resorts and you must be staying at one of them. Those would include All Star Sports/Music/Movies and Port Orlenas French Quater/Riverside.

Besides that Bay Lake Tower guests can purchase mugs at the Contempo Cafe inside the Contemporary and refill them there. Finally there is no drink stations inside the Yacht Club or mugs sold there, so guests staying there need to purchase the mugs at the Beach Club Marketplace and refill them there, Beaches & Cream and Hurricane Hanna's.

real mad hatter

Tut,Tut, And your from the UK. Start your planning now.You get your refillable mug from your resort food court and that's where you use it. ;)

jharvey

I only tried to fill them in my resort. Saying that, what is to stop someone from filling at another resort? Not being snarky. Are the mugs themed to the resort? I had heard they were toying with using RFID tech to only allow the machines to dispense to acceptable mugs.

If not, and we are going off the honor system, cheers.

Innkeeper's Club

I only tried to fill them in my resort. Saying that, what is to stop someone from filling at another resort? Not being snarky. Are the mugs themed to the resort? I had heard they were toying with using RFID tech to only allow the machines to dispense to acceptable mugs.

If not, and we are going off the honor system, cheers.
Last year there was an RFID mug chip test which only happened at All Star Sports. However after a couple of months it ended and they went back to the regular mugs. Plus as of today all the resort Quick Service locations sell the exact same mug design. So technically if you purchase a mug at the Contemporary there is nothing stopping you from using at the Polynesian.

Innkeeper's Club

Other than the rules.....
Even if people do use the mugs at other resorts and I'm sure it's being done everyday, the Disney Security won't come and arrest you and I highly doubt other guests would report it to the Cast Members if they saw another guest doing that. However since all the Quick Service locations sell the exact same mug designs you or anyone else won't know where that mug was purchased and that's the key factor.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Even if people do use the mugs at other resorts and I'm sure it's being done everyday, the Disney Security won't come and arrest you and I highly doubt other guests would report it to the Cast Members if they saw another guest doing that. However since all the Quick Service locations sell the exact same mug designs you or anyone else won't know where that mug was purchased and that's the key factor.
No, the key factor is that you are supposed to use it at the resort you purchase it at. Beyond that is self justification for using it when you are not supposed to. It is what it is.

Innkeeper's Club

No, the key factor is that you are supposed to use it at the resort you purchase it at. Beyond that is self justification for using it when you are not supposed to. It is what it is.
If guests using mugs at other resorts is such a problem for WDW then why haven't they used the RFID chip mugs at the other Quick Service locations?

rsoxguy

PT71.jpg

You're welcome.

luv

Technically, you are only supposed to use it in your own hotel, but you could use itin other hotel food courts if you brought the mug along to the other hotel.

I've even heard of people who live in Orlando bringing the mugs with them to hotel food courts and using them at dinner instead of paying $2.50 or $2.75 or whatever it is Disney charges for a pop.

You cannot use it in the parks. At all. There is no refilling in the parks.

jharvey

I consider myself an ethical person by nature but above that I realize I am also susceptible to fits caused by the self righteous. I will be sponsoring the first ever "use ur refillable mug at every resort and cs location crawl". When the hall monitor discovers it I am sure he will be inconsolable.

It was a simple question posed by the op. It was followed up by an innocent question by me. YOLO..... Who knew Disney bought the rights to Dudley do right.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It was a simple question posed by the op. It was followed up by an innocent question by me. YOLO..... Who knew Disney bought the rights to Dudley do right.....

That's fine. I simply answered the OP question about what would keep someone from using it elsewhere. I was making no judgement as to what I thought of someone who did not use it within the parameters of its intended use.

ibisti

Original Poster
Sorry to have started a heated discussion over ethics! It was just a quick question to clarify a point. I thought that mug could be used all over disney just like the dining plan isn't limited to your booked resort restaurants. I didn't mean could I get away with using it in a way it wasn't ment to be used!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom