Re-Employment?

PencilTest

Original Poster
Okay, everyone who is a Universal Team Member. A friend of mine is asking me about this, and I don't have an answer (since I'm only a Seasonal, I don't know everything. Yet.) And just to clarify, this isn't me I'm referring to.
He worked a couple years ago as a bartender during Halloween, but got fired for selling alcohol to a minor (in his defense, he didn't know and was set up). So he wants to know if he can be employed again now that it's been a few years. He talked to someone at HR and they told him that once you've been terminated, that's it, no more employment ever. Can anyone vouch for this?
Thanks!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was terminated in 1998 with no rehire

1 year later, I petitioned it and got back, and I'm still there. No rehire can be overturned, but you will need to go through a committee, and prove one year of job stability, and a letter of recommendation from your new boss at the new job that you've held for over a year.

PencilTest

Original Poster
Hmmm...interesting. If I may ask, did you petition with any one person in particular? Or rather, any one particular department (no names needed)? Thanks for your help!

mkt

Premium Member
just HR... I picked up paperwork one day, filled it in, and after submitting it, I received a letter in the mail a few weeks later telling me I had been bumped from no rehire to conditional rehire, requiring me to submit proof of 1 years employment and a letter of recommendation. I went back armed with that in hand and was hired on the spot.

beyondthepalace

PencilTest said:
Okay, everyone who is a Universal Team Member. A friend of mine is asking me about this, and I don't have an answer (since I'm only a Seasonal, I don't know everything. Yet.) And just to clarify, this isn't me I'm referring to.
He worked a couple years ago as a bartender during Halloween, but got fired for selling alcohol to a minor (in his defense, he didn't know and was set up). So he wants to know if he can be employed again now that it's been a few years. He talked to someone at HR and they told him that once you've been terminated, that's it, no more employment ever. Can anyone vouch for this?
Thanks!

Selling alcohol is kind of a serious offense however there is always a shot. If he was only a few weeks into employment there then the chances may be slim. However, if he has any history with the company he might have a chance.
I have seen them overturn ALOT of no rehire terminations. Particularly for safety violations at the attractions so...its worth the shot.

mkt

Premium Member
yeah... mine was for attendance. I got termed in 1998 because I was still in High School at the time and my boss would schedule me while class was in session, even though it was against my availability (and also the law), yet he would hold me accountable.

Within a month, all 10 points were gone, and I was out.

I was in shock that I was given no rehire and conditional afterwards.

In the companies defense...they are permitted to send minors after alcohol and setup their employees. It's their way of knowing that their people are doing their jobs correctly and not doing anything illegal.

If he would get rehired, I don't think they'd put him anywhere near alcohol. As it is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone under age.

Did he not check the ID?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom