Raya: the princess superhero

LovePop

Original Poster
Raya and the Last Dragon is Disney trying to mix their princess theme with their Marvel theme, trying to reach the best of both worlds. I think it's a bad idea and will fail at pleasing either. The Disney princess needs a dress, a palace, a prince, a romance, and perhaps a cool pet. The superhero needs a solid villain, solid evil, and solid fighting skills. Mixing the two, you get a watered down princess and a watered down superhero. Raya has no beautiful dress or beautiful shoes. It's going to go in the way of Onward. Though it has one advantage over Onward. Onward is about some creepy pants (I haven't seen it, but it looks creepy, so I'm not going to watch it). There's nothing interesting in its trailer. But Raya has this cute armadillo rolling around, which is rather cool. I suspect Raya is going to be another Mary Sue again, just like Moana and Rey.
However, let's hope for the best that Disney has designed a good, interesting plot and character development for the movie and Raya will be worth watching and popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom