Rate Question

DisneyElephant

Original Poster
So, I've been to Disney umpteen times. I'm trying to plan another trip (probably just single travel) and I'm searching rates. I was thinking of going somewhere between mid-August and mid-November and searched for the rates that Disney posts. Then went to some other sites, just doing some prelim research since I haven't actually purchased it on my own before (I've always gone with my family).

Right now I'm on Hotels.com and its listing a rate at Port Orleans Riverside as starting at $160 and AKL at $260, Yacht Club $314 respectively.

Those aren't for specific dates, they are just posted from those and up. Is there any way to find those posted rates? Would it make sense to call Disney and ask them when those rates might be available and if they'll match the listed price? I can get a rate of $174 for POR, and $288 for AKL on some dates during the period I've found, but that was the best I could do overall.

I've considered doing a DVC rental as well, but I figured these rates seem half decent. What's the best way to go about it? I know these are silly questions for someone who knows the lay of the land for the most part, but I just want to be sure.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
At this point I don't think any room only discounts have been announced for the fall, but that is typically how we book our trips (thru Disney - either online on by calling directly). The rates you are seeing now via the Disney site are standard rack rates. The discounts are typically released in May for the dates you're considering, and usually are in the 20%-30% off rack rates depending on where you stay. If you want to go ahead and book, you can always call back and have the CM apply the discount to your reservation when it's announced. You'll just have to place one night of your stay down as a deposit.

Otherwise, I would just wait until they announce the discounts, and book then thru Disney. The site below lists historical info on when the discounts have been released, etc.
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2015

Gaston's gal

If you don't want to go to the trouble to watch for a special in the Fall and want to book now, then use a travel agent. Our job is to watch for that deal for you and apply it to your trip. Have fun!

erwinalber4

As others have said, discounts can be applied after they're released even if you've booked already. As for price matching any other site's (Hotels.com, ect...) Disney will not match it directly through them but often offers discounts for select resorts ranging from 15% to 35% depending on the offer. They also offer package discounts as well such as Free Dining Plan, free park hopper, free memory maker, ect... It all depends on when they offer it as far as what the discounts include.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom