Rank your top 10 parks in North America

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Yeah its a Disney site I know, but if we've been to Disney we probably like theme parks in general even though most if not all of us would take the detail and theme of Disney. So rank your top 10 parks which one is best and why (if you want).

Magic Kingdom - No explanation is necessary. Nothing hits me more
Disney Hollywood Studios - Very Disney-esque in there. Extreme rides, good shows, good themes and a proper dose of the Disney touch
Universal Studios - I find E.T. to be a ride very Disney-like as far as detail goes. The line up for the ride, the - dare I say - magic. Plus there's Jaws, Simpsons, T2, Twister and Hollywood Rip Rock It and The Mummy. Kind of sad King Kong was taken out of there but it doesn't beat the Mummy
Islands of Adventure - Universal's brother park. Totally worth the price of admission to do these two parks if you are in Orlando. Jurassic Park, Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Poseidon's Fury, Spiderman :)eek:) etc. Plus Ripsaw falls fees like a vertical drop that makes Splash look like a Sunday afternoon drive. Not bad theming in the park either (especially in Jurassic) but obviously it doesn't quite capture the magic of Disney. But man I would love to check out that Potter coaster someday
Animal Kingdom - I won't lie, I went into it with low expectations at first. I was wrong. Everest is probably the most thrilling ride at WDW.
Epcot - It's hard to not appreciate Epcot. The detail and the theming are out of this world.
Cedar Point - Just based on the thrills alone it was worth it. Okay so it's a theme park we aren't used to from Disney (there aren't any good shows, the line ups are boring and there is no theming to it) but man oh man if you love rollercoasters this is for you
Canada's Wonderland - Totally worth it if you are ever in the Toronto area (seasonal of course). If Cedar Point had a red headed cousin this would be it. But it's still great
Sea World - Great all around park. Two unbelievable coasters with a very good log ride as well. Sky Tower, Shamu, the Sea Lion and Otter show is a must (watch the mime at the front of the audience while people are walking in, you'll be in stitches I promise).
Typhoon Lagoon - Had to put it on here even if it is a waterpark its the best one I have ever been to in my life. If I didn't know any better I'd think I was on a deserted island. Typical Disney, great theme!

Okay so the majority of them are in the Orlando area. That'll change when I go to California in a few months thought. Honourable mention is Busch Gardens in Tampa and Darien Lake in New York state. The latter I honstly can't remember much about as I was young but Busch is a great park yet it lacks substance. You never feel like you are in anything but a theme park at Busch and while you can say the same thing about Cedar Point, Busch lacks as many thrill rides to compete (although Kumba, Sheikra and Montu are good)

rainfully

1. Disneyland
2. Epcot
3. IOA
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Animal Kingdom
6. Universal Studios
7. Sea World
8. Busch Gardens Tampa
9. Six Flags St. Louis (OK so its not the best park in the world... mainly sentimental reasons there.)
10. DHS

ABigBrassBand

1. EPCOT-Best park ever created IMO, just the overall feel of it is amazing, and the theme is uncomparable.
2. Disneyland-Where the magic started, and I still love it today.
3. MK-Closest you can get to Disneyland, and its bigger and improved!
4. DAK-Definitely not your average theme park, its more relaxed and laid back, and attention to detail is magnificent.
5. DHS-Want to be in the movies, or want to feel like you're part of the action? Just come here, and you'll have a great time!
6. Universal Studios (Florida)-Love the back to the future ride, and Jaws just always gets me.
7. Islands of Adventure-While I like this park, it is near the bottom of my list due to it not being completely family friendly (or perhaps from what I remember), but this ride is the center of thrills in Florida.
8. Playland-I've been going to this park ever since I started going to Disney, to just get the feeling of an amusement park, and while its not even half of what WDW is, its good enough, and stays close to my heart.
9. Six Flags Over Texas-I really like all the rides here, and this never gets old. Gotta love all the foot long hotdogs there also :)
10. Blizzard Beach-While an awesome waterpark, I prefer TL, hence why its on the bottom of my list. Summit Plummet is just an amazing thrill, and really sells it for me.

Well, theres my list. If you didn't notice, I'm incredibly biased, always comparing things to Disney, which is why all their North American parks are up there (minus DCA).

mickey2008.1

1.EPCOT
2.DHS
3.Universal Studios
4.Cedar Point
5.AK
6.MK
7.Kings Island
8.Busch Gardens Tampa
9.Blizzard Beach
10.Sea World

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
1. Disneyland Park
2. EPCOT Center
3. Universal Studios Florida
4. Islands of Advenure
5. SeaWorld Orlando
6. Disney's California Adventure
7. Disney's Animal Kingdom
8. Dollywood
9. Busch Gardens Africa
10. Knott's Berry Farm

juan

Well here's my 15
1. Epcot
2. Disneyland
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Cedar Point
5. Universal Studios FL
6. Disney Hollywood Studios
7. Animal Kingdom
8. Islands of Adventure
9. Kennywood
10. Hersheypark
11. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
12. Kings Island
13. Busch Gardens Tampa
14. Disney's California Adventure (will make a huge jump in a couple years)
15. Six Flags Worlds of Adventure circa 2001 (when it was combo Geauga Lake and Sea World)

Laura

Premium Member
1. Disneyland Park
2. EPCOT Center
4. Islands of Advenure
5. SeaWorld Orlando
7. Disney's Animal Kingdom
8. Dollywood
9. Busch Gardens Africa
10. Knott's Berry Farm

:eek: No love for Universal Hollywood?

Laura

Premium Member
1. Disneyland
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Islands of Adventure
5. California Adventure
6. Universal Studios FL
7. Animal Kingdom
8. Universal Studios Hollywood
9. Sea World San Diego
10. Sea World Orlando

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
:eek: No love for Universal Hollywood?
Oh my. How in the world could I forget?!? :eek: :hammer:

1. Disneyland Park
2. EPCOT Center
4. Islands of Advenure
5. SeaWorld Orlando
7. Universal Studios Hollywood
8. Disney's Animal Kingdom
9. Dollywood
10. Knott's Berry Farm

Mikester71

Although I am not a huge fan of rollercoasters ( I do ride all of WDW's though for the record), I would have to rank Cedar Point right near the top. Have not been in quite a few years, but man, they have THE best rollercoasters in the world, bar none!!!! Wonderland up here in Canada should be close to the top as well, based on all the great thrill rides. I am biased towards WDW myself, for the variety of rides it offers. :sohappy:

JimboJones123

I am going to post this under how much I would pay to go to a park. I would be willing to pay the most to go to choice #1 and least for #10.

The other intangible is holiday theming. I would be much more willing to go to some parks during Christmas compared to other times of the year.

#1 Disneyland - the number of attractions and quality e-tickets puts this one way ahead of any WDW park. It would literally take 2 Disney World parks to match the greatness packed into this park.

2 Magic Kingdom - Still a cheap knock off of Disneyland. Now, the new Fantasyland could EASILY change that.

3 DCA - After years of being told I should gate this park, I have now taken two trips here in the past 2 years. Guess what - It is a darn fine park. Like Disneyland, it is pretty dense with attractions. Compared to DHS, this knocks it out of the park. First of all, it has more than 6 rides. I reall like the lands, and kinda miss the Boardwalk area already. Converting the Warf to Carsland will not pass MK as my number 2 park, but makes it untouchable for a number 3 park.

4 Epcot - This park would be number 1 if they would have expanded the park instead of killing WoM, Hor, and Imagination. Dumbing down of the parks really ha me upset about parks losing their vision.

5 Sea World San Diego - That same lost vision is cause for any Sea World park being higher. THEY DO NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE ANIMALS IN THE ANIMAL SHOWS ANYMORE. Their motto of "Conservation through education" is dead. Which is an absolute shame.

6 Kings Island - If any park were "really close" to Disney quality, this is it. It is clean, wide open, packed with a variety of rides, and has the one of a kind experience, "The Beast". Unless you have been on, you do not know the greatness of what a roller coaster can be. This monster is nearly a mile and a half long.

7 Sea World Orlando - one word - Atlantis - this makes admission worth it all by itself.

8 DHS - This could be a top 5 park easily if they would have more ride than empty buildings.

9 Knotts Berry Farm - Although the years have not been as kind as they should have been, but this is still an above average park.

10 Universal Studios Orlando - Mummy is the greatest roller coaster ever (Hollywood CA version SUCKS). Jaws is greatness, but the rest of the park is a bummer. This may change when we visit IoA and Potterville next trip. I have this should be higher, but the last time I went was pre-Simpsons.

Honorable Mention.

Six Flags over Texas - This was the park I grew up at. Lots of rides. Smells a bit too muck like Puke sometimes. Fairly neglected in upkeep. Plant life is dead by mid June if they even bothered to update it for each season. But guess what, I love me some standing up on Judge Roy Scream. I love some Mr. Freeze. I love some Avalanche Bobsleds (long time renamed). I love the Sausage on a stick. I love the 2 dozen faces of death rumors that kept me from riding 1/3 of the rides there as a kid. Babies thrown on the track of the Cliffhanger, planes coming off their cables, heads cut off from low coaster beams. All of it was a great time growing up.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
1. Disneyland- The best mix of family rides, thrilling rides and just tons and tons of things to do. Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, Roger Rabbits CarToon Spin, the only remaining Toad ride, best POTC

2. EPCOT- Ironically the most nostalgic park for me since I grew up there practically, still love going through World Showcase and glad they're adding some things to it. Love the food choices in World Showcase. Future World needs a lot of help though.

3. Islands of Adventure- While I somewhat mourn the loss of part of the Lost Continent, there's still a lot of great things to do and experience. Mythos is also one big reason why I love IOA.

4. Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Beautiful park, great coasters, although I might have to question the ranking since they took out my favorite coaster there, the Big Bad Wolf :fork:

5. Magic Kingdom- Lots of flaws, but still lots of good things to do there, and the only working Peoplemover.

6. Universal Studios Florida - Love the Mummy, MIB, Simpsons, Disaster, E.T.

7. Hersheypark- Huge park nowadays with so many coasters, a great dark ride in Chocolate World, which you can ride for FREE and CHOCOLATE!!

8. Busch Gardens Tampa- My home park now that I live near Tampa, always a good day tour, awesome food and animal exhibits, plenty of coasters

9. Disney's Hollywood Studios- Strange for me, a few great attractions and many old, or just mediocre attractions

10. Sea World Orlando- Just visited here again for the first time in a decade, very impressed, loved the new areas and attractions.

Rabflmom

Being from Florida. The disney Parks are sort of the back yard and we probably overlook them some. LOL

1. DollyWood--- husband from TN and it was part of going home for him. Sharing a park with family is more fun than going to a park by ourselves. Lots of fun things for kids to do there and great Country music and shows.

2. Indiana Beach---- Monticello Indiana( maybe not really a theme park but it does have rides, good food, shows, music, and a beautiful lake setting ) ------ grew up in the area and spent many weekends there as teen. Lots to do....concerts and rides.....our kids loved it when we took them . Once again it is an extended family type memory that wins it 2nd place.

3. Busch Gardens Florida

4. Sea World

5. Animal Kingdom

6. EPCOT

7. Magic Kingdom ( of the 70-s 90s would rate higher than MK today)

8. Disney Studios

9. Universal Studios

10 Islands of Adventure

Ziffell

It's funny to me how nearly everyone's list has at least one Six Flags park on it, and yet Six Flags is usually used as the example of everything Disney is not. It's just funny because it seems that the greatest insult that can be given on these boards is to refer to a park as being "like Six Flags" yet it's on so many people's Top Ten lists. :lol:

Here's my list:

1. Epcot
2. Disneyland
3. Islands of Adventure
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Universal Studios Florida
6. Disney's Animal Kingdom
7. Disney's Hollywood Studios
8. Knott's Berry Farm
9. Universal Studios Hollywood
10. Paramount's Kings Island

JimboJones123

It's funny to me how nearly everyone's list has at least one Six Flags park on it, and yet Six Flags is usually used as the example of everything Disney is not. It's just funny because it seems that the greatest insult that can be given on these boards is to refer to a park as being "like Six Flags" yet it's on so many people's Top Ten lists. :lol:

Here's my list:

1. Epcot
2. Disneyland
3. Islands of Adventure
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Universal Studios Florida
6. Disney's Animal Kingdom
8. Knott's Berry Farm
9. Universal Studios Hollywood
10. Paramount's Kings Island
I would put most 6 Flags parks ahead of Cedar Point

I have been there twice and it was a DUMP. Sure they has coasters, but the park is a trainwreck and a logistical nightmare. If you travel through clockwise, you get to the far end and it is a 20 minute walk back to the front of the park.

DizneyPryncess

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. Disneyland Park
4. California Adventure
5. Disney's Animal Kingdom
6. Sea World
8. Universal Studios
9. Islands of Adventure
10. Kennywood (hey, it's a local park. I gotta include it :))

I have to add that I've never been to any of the water parks, yet. I'm sure I would love those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom