Random Thoughts

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
Just got back from almost a week at WDW. Random thoughts on restaurants we ate at:

1) JIKO: Fantastic all around experience. Not a bad thing to say.

2) KOUZINNA: Food was great (including best Brussell Sprouts I've ever had). Lone complaint is that they had one person seating folks, so even though there were tables ready, we were not seated until 20 minutes after our reservation.

3) CASEY'S CORNER: Boiled hot dogs = gross. (Also got these at Wide World of Sports.) Why can't Disney get those rolling bars like they have at baseball parks? Corn dogs were great, though.

4) TOP OF THE TOWER: Flatbreads are great. Was disappointed in the Crab Nachos b/c we thought they would be hot, and they are designed to be served cold.

5) THE WAVE: Good, but not spectacular. Think its more designed for the convention folks than folks coming for WDW itself.

6) SAN ANGEL INN: We were worried about this reservation based on reviews, but LOVED IT!!! Atmosphere was great, waiter (Jose) fantastic, Tortilla Soup, amazing. Main courses were average, but when you take everything together, a very well rounded meal. Would go back in a heartbeat.

7) SCI FI DINE IN: Milkshake was too thick; otherwise, food was good. Burger hit the spot.

8) VICTORIA AND ALBERTS - QUEEN VICTORIA ROOM. Fantastic meal and once in a lifetime experience. That said, now that we've experienced it once, we'd be more likely to return to San Angel Inn than here.

Phonedave

Just got back from almost a week at WDW. Random thoughts on restaurants we ate at:

1) JIKO: Fantastic all around experience. Not a bad thing to say.

2) KOUZINNA: Food was great (including best Brussell Sprouts I've ever had). Lone complaint is that they had one person seating folks, so even though there were tables ready, we were not seated until 20 minutes after our reservation.

3) CASEY'S CORNER: Boiled hot dogs = gross. (Also got these at Wide World of Sports.) Why can't Disney get those rolling bars like they have at baseball parks? Corn dogs were great, though.

4) TOP OF THE TOWER: Flatbreads are great. Was disappointed in the Crab Nachos b/c we thought they would be hot, and they are designed to be served cold.

5) THE WAVE: Good, but not spectacular. Think its more designed for the convention folks than folks coming for WDW itself.

6) SAN ANGEL INN: We were worried about this reservation based on reviews, but LOVED IT!!! Atmosphere was great, waiter (Jose) fantastic, Tortilla Soup, amazing. Main courses were average, but when you take everything together, a very well rounded meal. Would go back in a heartbeat.

7) SCI FI DINE IN: Milkshake was too thick; otherwise, food was good. Burger hit the spot.

8) VICTORIA AND ALBERTS - QUEEN VICTORIA ROOM. Fantastic meal and once in a lifetime experience. That said, now that we've experienced it once, we'd be more likely to return to San Angel Inn than here.

Well I don't know about putting V&A over San Angel Inn, but that Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite dishes in all of WDW.

-dave

nepalostparks

Keep in mind that at any restaurant, in Disney or elsewhere, just because there are empty tables does not mean you can/should be seated immediately. They were likely short on waiters or in the kitchen... to pace your meal and so everyone could enjoy their meal, sometimes you have to leave some tables empty. It's not good for business, but it's better than sitting a dozen tables at the exact same moment and overwhelming the kitchen with a dozen sets of orders at the same time.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food though. Early reviews had noted some problems with quality... hopefull they've worked out those issues now that the restaurant has been open for awhile.

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
Keep in mind that at any restaurant, in Disney or elsewhere, just because there are empty tables does not mean you can/should be seated immediately. They were likely short on waiters or in the kitchen... to pace your meal and so everyone could enjoy their meal, sometimes you have to leave some tables empty. It's not good for business, but it's better than sitting a dozen tables at the exact same moment and overwhelming the kitchen with a dozen sets of orders at the same time.

I worked as a host in a restaurant for a while, and learned my lesson about double seating (and I actually triple seated once) waiters. But, here, I think they were either just short on hosts or executing a faulty plan on seating.

But the food and service were really great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom