Random Request for Suggestions

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Ok guys, gals, and non-binary members (or any other way you self identify), I need some suggestions. My current trucker hat I run in is getting pretty nasty. The Boco Gear & Headsweats still seem to be the standards, so I'm willing to give either a shot. Now here is the catch, I'd rather get it as race swag from doing a virtual race over buying some off the shelf design. Can anyone point me towards a race with a virtual option (ideally for some charity) that offers such a thing as swag? I've found a few in person races, or virtual w/random running hats (not a trucker style), but nothing what I'm looking for.

Randomly checking races on the runSignup listing is getting boring, so any suggestions would be very appreciated.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ok guys, gals, and non-binary members (or any other way you self identify), I need some suggestions. My current trucker hat I run in is getting pretty nasty. The Boco Gear & Headsweats still seem to be the standards, so I'm willing to give either a shot. Now here is the catch, I'd rather get it as race swag from doing a virtual race over buying some off the shelf design. Can anyone point me towards a race with a virtual option (ideally for some charity) that offers such a thing as swag? I've found a few in person races, or virtual w/random running hats (not a trucker style), but nothing what I'm looking for.

Randomly checking races on the runSignup listing is getting boring, so any suggestions would be very appreciated.

All the virtual races I've done only come with a t-shirt. Never seen any hats or visors.

However, unless it's part of my race "costume", I like to run with Arctic Cool's visor as it is made with the same cooling materials as the towels rD hands out. They also have trucker (I assume you mean the same as baseball) caps.

dreamfinder

Original Poster
They also have trucker (I assume you mean the same as baseball) caps.

I tend to end up classifying hats 3 ways. Running hats are the really thin floppy ones, sometimes have a smaller brim, usually have a velco strap. Baseball hats are the more typical hat, thicker construction, may be strap or snap in the back. Trucker hats are the ones that usually have mesh sides and back.

Now companies make truckers and other styles with wicking/breathing fabrics, which opens up the choices.

I like my hats to have structure, and the trucker hat tends to breath better when it gets hot then having a solid back. The classic running hats tend to not fit my head or stay on at all.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I đź‘Ť you?
Premium Member
Upstate Ultras (https://www.upstateultra.com/) is mostly live races but have had a virtual challenge or race every now and then since covid (and the guy who runs it is really laid back and, if you emailed him a decent amount of time in advance, would probably convert anything you signed up for into a virtual and mail you everything if you wanted to do one on your own).

They have different swag options when you sign up for a race and one of them is a trucker hat. I opted for it last time I did a race through them.

Here’s what their hat looks like:
AAD1B302-EA03-467C-AF07-BC7879012979.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom