random question...

Susan Savia

We have oak trees in our back yard. They begin dropping their nuts now through the fall. I would imagine that Disney pretty much keeps them picked up. Their easy to slip on.

Goofyernmost

NO PINS, GET HIM!

well of course the realism behind it is nothing, but to some, its like getting a chunk of dirt from the pitchers mound at the old yankee stadium...sure, some hard-hat wearing dude planted it, but its the memories tied to it. And for the time being, its still free, so theres that...
Yea, I know, I just was in a curmudgeon mood when I wrote it. It would probably be a good idea and it would perpetuate a living object along with adding another tree to the planet.:happy: That is, of course, unless the plan is to shellack the acorn and put it on a mantel or something...then it's curmudgeon time again.:grumpy:

cynic710

Yea, I know, I just was in a curmudgeon mood when I wrote it. It would probably be a good idea and it would perpetuate a living object along with adding another tree to the planet.:happy: That is, of course, unless the plan is to shellack the acorn and put it on a mantel or something...then it's curmudgeon time again.:grumpy:

i was totally planning on getting one, planting it, and hoping my own 5th gate would appear in 5-7 years :)

Detlaw

I actually did this very thing when I was a kid. I visited the Magic Kingdom in 1985 in October, and picked up a couple of acorns from beneath the Liberty Free outside the Hall of Presidents. When I got home, I planted them and for one to sprout. I named it "Walt Disney", and kept it alive in a pot (I live in the Northeast, well outside the hardy zone for a southern live oak tree) until about three years ago. Basically, it had become a large (app 4') bonsai. Unfortunately, it developed root for, and there was nothing that I could do to save it. I still have the trunk, and someday plan on turning the wood to make some special pens.

I took my family to WDW this October (their first time ever, and mine since that 1985 trip). And although I looked, sadly, I couldn't locate any acorns. I very much would love to get my hands on another one someday to see if I can get "Walt Disney II" to sprout.

jgj123

My brother has gotten very good at collecting and germinating Disney Acorns. He pretty much follows these steps:

stratman50th

The OP probably has a tree over 6' high by now after 6 years.
I'm actually surprised the Disney cleaning crew doesn't have all the acorns up at all times. Slip hazard and all that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom