Rain Forest Cafe

10sne1

We would like to take our kids for a special luncheon treat at the Rain forest Cafe. Since we have never been there we have no idea as to $. Could someone give us a ball park figure on what to expect to pay for 2 adults and 3 kids ages 14, 8, & 7> We would like to go to the Animal Kingdom and have lunch their. A few years back we went to DDD and the Rain Forest was really crowed and it seemed like the one in AK wasn't as busy. Do you need reservations and if so how soon do we need to make them.
Thanks,:animwink:

Pioneer Hall

We eat at the Rainforest usually 2 times a trip down there because we are club members. we spent 10 dollars and now get immediate seating at the restaurants. And at Disney in August or December the wait can be over 2 hours. The prices are a little high for what you get, but the food is very good. expect to spend between 12-20 for an adult entree. And all the kids entrees are about 5 dollars.

The food in my opinion is good and I think you get what you pay for.
Here are some dishes I recommend...

China Island Chicken Salad (MY FAVORITE)
Hong Kong Stir Fry
The Rainsticks Appetizer
The Safari Soup

Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

kal1484

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
We eat at the Rainforest usually 2 times a trip down there because we are club members. we spent 10 dollars and now get immediate seating at the restaurants.

Disney Club?

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think we got 10% off the total bill when we used our Disney Club card. Kids love the place the food is reasonable if a little overpriced. The animals and sounds just add to the occassion.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Our kids where 11, 8 and 7 on our last visit and our bill at the Rainforest came to $86, we eat lunch at DD and it wasn't very busy at all (August) we've always found that lunch is far less busy than evening times. I don't rate the food is anything special but the kids enjoy the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by wdwprincess03

Disney Club?

We have their Safari Club card. Really worth it if you go to the restaurant. Immediate seating and they send you coupons. we also have one local here that we go to so it really pays for us.

Upvote 0

Disney4648

If you would like to get a reservation (PS) then you can call 1-407-WDW-DINE or *88 on any phone at WDW.....I believe that most meals cost $8-14 and if you have a Safari Card.....you can get a discount and early reservations..i think:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tinkrbel

a suggestion

the rainforest cafe has very large portions .. so you could do what we have done in the past .. the girls split thiers .. (if they agreed they wanted the same thing :) and even we have done that .. because we knew we couldnt eat everything they brought ..oooo for a treat get chocolate spider monkey drinks!!! they make virgin ones for the kids :) Actually we often order one meal for the girls in a lot of places ... they do tend to usually want the same thing

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Re: Safari card?

Originally posted by LoriL
How do you get a Safari Card? And where is there a Rainforest Cafe in New Jersey?

There is a Rainforest cafe in the Menlo Park Mall. That is where we go. I am not sure if there are any others, I don't think there are.

Upvote 0

Brett

I suggest "The Brave New World"

It's a BBQ Chicken Pizza. Sounds a little risky, but it's delicious. I was lucky enough to devour it last Friday night.

Upvote 0
M

Mickey8

I must admit, the atmosphere is great at RainForest Cafe. The food, has its own style. I didn't really like the food there, though. However, A few years ago, I went there for breakfast. (Rainforest Cafe in AK and Market Place are the only ones that serve breakfast in the world:sohappy: )The Tonga Toast is the best thing I'd ever had. We make it a point to go to Rainforest Cafe every time we go to Florida for breakfast. It is like a french toast type of thing. I'd suggest that if you go there for breakfast, yuo get the Tonga Toast.:D

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Mickey8
I must admit, the atmosphere is great at RainForest Cafe. The food, has its own style. I didn't really like the food there, though. However, A few years ago, I went there for breakfast. (Rainforest Cafe in AK and Market Place are the only ones that serve breakfast in the world:sohappy: )The Tonga Toast is the best thing I'd ever had. We make it a point to go to Rainforest Cafe every time we go to Florida for breakfast. It is like a french toast type of thing. I'd suggest that if you go there for breakfast, yuo get the Tonga Toast.:D

I think your restaurants are a little screwed up. The Kona Cafe in the Polynesian serves Tonga Toast. Not the Rainforest cafe.

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

The Rainforest Cafe may be a little pricey but I still like going there. I also go to the Menlo Park Mall one which isn't as nice as the ones in WDW (mainly because it is not in WDW) but it allows me to think I am there if just for a little while. Hmm, maybe I will have to go there this week as WDW is still 52 days away.

I like to get Maya's Mixed Grill so that I don't have to really decide what I want (the BBQ chicken pizza is really good too).

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
The Rainforest Cafe may be a little pricey but I still like going there. I also go to the Menlo Park Mall one which isn't as nice as the ones in WDW (mainly because it is not in WDW) but it allows me to think I am there if just for a little while. Hmm, maybe I will have to go there this week as WDW is still 52 days away.

I like to get Maya's Mixed Grill so that I don't have to really decide what I want (the BBQ chicken pizza is really good too).

The one in Menlo is pretty small. But I love going there for the same reason you do. It is as close as I can really get to eating in WDW when I am home in Smallsville over here. Where in NJ are you?

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

I live down by the shore in Neptune.

I find that if I go to Rainforest Cafe and sit so I can't see out to the mall I can almost convince myself I'm in WDW (but then I have to leave and the illusion is broken).

Upvote 0

LoriL

Rainforest cafe in Menlo Park

Disney Insider: Does the Menlo restaurant have the same entertainment as the restaurant in WDW (the audio-animatronic animals)? If it does, I want to take my 2 year old there before we hit Disney-- it'll be a good preview! And do you need a reservation?

Upvote 0

NADisney

If you go to Rainforest during the day ,their is no wait you will be seated right away.Plus you can do your shopping in Downtown Disney for items you missed at the park. The animals are up and running throughout the day and the rainstorm is every 15 to 20 mins.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom