Railroad tour

Foolish Mortal

Original Poster
I think i've read every post I can find about this tour but still can't find an answer. If i'm staying at a Disney resort but without a rental car, what transportation methods over to the MK can I make ? Anyone else ever need to do this ?? For the reocrd, I always stay at POR.

Heyyall

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
I think i've read every post I can find about this tour but still can't find an answer. If i'm staying at a Disney resort but without a rental car, what transportation methods over to the MK can I make ? Anyone else ever need to do this ?? For the reocrd, I always stay at POR.

What do you mean anyone else need to do this?
I'm not sure what tour you're tlaking about, but if you're talking about how you get to MK from POR, you take a Disney Transport Bus. If I didn't answer your question, please try to explain what you mean.

PixyDust

They want to do the early morning thing with the railroad - be the good morning family. (Which we would love to do too, but the kids are too young right now.)

Sorry I can't answer your question Foolish Mortal.

Foolish Mortal

Original Poster
Re: Re: Railroad tour

Originally posted by Heyyall
What do you mean anyone else need to do this?
I'm not sure what tour you're tlaking about, but if you're talking about how you get to MK from POR, you take a Disney Transport Bus. If I didn't answer your question, please try to explain what you mean.

I always use the buses but the problem is, since this tour is before park hours, there's no bus that could get me over there early enough.

Moustronaut

I went on this tour in October of 2002. We were staying at Boardwalk Inn.

The day I took the tour was the same day as the extra magic hour at MK. I'm not sure if this is always the case or not, but if you can take the tour on a extra magic day, it really helps.

I was able to take disney transport no problem. Guest services at your hotel can give you more info but they told me the bus came an hour or 45 minutes before park opening. It was close to the tour time but didn't have any problem getting to the tour on time.

If you don't want to chance it, ask guest services to help you arrange a cab to pick you up at POR and get you to the MK.

Best of luck! The tour was really wonderful.

Pixie Duster

Depending on what day of the week it is, they might have the Special buses running, but unfortunetely I am not a resort CM, yet, so I really am not sure of the best solution. But worst case scenario they get you a taxi and luckily POR is not that far from MK, and I love POR, eat at Boatwright's and have the sweet potato pancakes for breakfast, *drools*:slurp:

Woody13

Train Tour

See this link:
http://allearsnet.com/btp/tour_tr3.htm

GETTING THERE
If you're staying on site, check with Guest Relations for the time and place of the earliest bus to the park. Explain that you are taking a tour and need to be at the MK entrance - *not* at the TTC - well before park opening. Double check this information with the morning bus driver - not all are familiar with this tour. I was able to get there by bus but the driver took a little convincing that I knew where I wanted to go. My touring companion, although staying at the same resort as I, was given different information and wound up paying $17 for a taxi.

GETTING IN
At the entrance to the MK, you will go through the security check and then you will be greeted by your Tour Guide. After checking you all in, you'll be allowed entrance to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom