Race packages?

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Hello everyone.

I mentioned in a different post that I'm considering the Star Wars 10k or half marathon in 2020. I'm curious about race packages. Does Disney offer any kind of discount or resort/ticket package for registered runners?

Thanks in advance!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply.
That's too bad. So we have to book based on rack rates now and hope for something better to come along?

Yup. But know that discounts won't apply to race weekends...at least not Friday & Saturday nights.

And as you're planning on running the 2020 SW races, I wouldn't wait too long to book. Once registration opens July 16th, rooms will go fast.

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Yup. But know that discounts won't apply to race weekends...at least not Friday & Saturday nights.

And as you're planning on running the 2020 SW races, I wouldn't wait too long to book. Once registration opens July 16th, rooms will go fast.
Got it, thank you!

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
That's impressive! I'm balking a little at the prices. It's the common sob story now, about increasing costs. But It seems like so much more. And we typically end up with a discount or something when we book. If you don't anticipate anything for race weekend, it could come with a hefty price tag for us.

dreamfinder

Your best guess for historical discount info would be here -> https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends runDisney themselves haven't offered any real discounts for several years. Now that most of the events bring 15,000+ runners, no real need for discounts. So unless you luck out with a general public discount of some sort that happens to cover your particular lodging/dates, it's probably going to be close to rack rate. And assuming RoTR is fully open by then, I'd suspect the SW weekend to sell out pretty darn fast.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Your best guess for historical discount info would be here -> https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends runDisney themselves haven't offered any real discounts for several years. Now that most of the events bring 15,000+ runners, no real need for discounts. So unless you luck out with a general public discount of some sort that happens to cover your particular lodging/dates, it's probably going to be close to rack rate. And assuming RoTR is fully open by then, I'd suspect the SW weekend to sell out pretty darn fast.

We'll know tomorrow what the demand for the 2020 race will be. From what I'm seeing in comments after the post on runDisney's FB page, there's a lot of interest in this race. And it looks like many are newbies.

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
We'll know tomorrow what the demand for the 2020 race will be. From what I'm seeing in comments after the post on runDisney's FB page, there's a lot of interest in this race. And it looks like many are newbies.
What's tomorrow? I mean why will that tell us about demand? I thought race registration was next week.
Rack rate is pretty steep. Probably enough to keep me from going. Thanks for the info though

LAKid53

Premium Member
What's tomorrow? I mean why will that tell us about demand? I thought race registration was next week.
Rack rate is pretty steep. Probably enough to keep me from going. Thanks for the info though

Early registration for AP/DVC opens tomorrow. If those spots go within 10-15 minutes, then we'll know demand will be high.

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Early registration for AP/DVC opens tomorrow. If those spots go within 10-15 minutes, then we'll know demand will be high.
Wow, you guys are really plugged in!
That definitely sounds like a good indicator. I'll check back in with you tomorrow.
Thanks again for your insight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom