Quiet pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort to close in April for major refurbishment

jeffk410

Thanks for the info!

So, I'm staying in the DVC section in early May. Since the quiet pool construction will have commenced, what building should I try to request?

ToTBellHop

Thanks for the info!

So, I'm staying in the DVC section in early May. Since the quiet pool construction will have commenced, what building should I try to request?
All of the DVC buildings are by the quiet pool. But, there won't be any noise before 9 am.

jeffk410

All of the DVC buildings are by the quiet pool. But, there won't be any noise before 9 am.

Oh man, is there one in particular that is further away? haha, oh well what can ya do. I'm still real excited to stay there especially since the main pool will be complete.

flyerjab

If memory serves, this change will be significant compared to how it is currently. It will become zero entry, with its own grill/sitting area.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Dec 9. Construction progress at the Polynesian Village Resort quiet pool. A large pool house is being added to the area.

IMG_7007.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7009.JPG

PREMiERdrum

The architecture of the new buildings around the pool impresses me... After how badly they seemed to botch the design of the new lobby, it's nice to see them nailing the Mid-Century Tiki style here.

Jon81uk

The quiet pools are generally smaller than the main theme pools. Generally they receive less traffic from guests.

This one looked particularly small, but after looking at Google Maps pics again it should be same as the old one. Some resort quiet pools are bigger than Poly, others are similar.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Jan. 5. Construction progress at the Polynesian Village Resort quiet pool. Not apparent in the below photo, there is a zero entry slope at the far end. The pool is shallow, as there is only 4 steps into the "deep" end.

IMG_7145.JPG

IMG_7146.JPG

The zero entry slope is at this end of the pool, behind the construction fence.

IMG_7147.JPG

IMG_7148.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom