Quick question about linking CC to band...

LdyApxr

Original Poster
We are booked for May 2016 and we are taking our son(17) and our niece(13). Our son will have charging privileges linked to my cc but my niece's mom wants to have charges for our niece also and linked to her cc(so we do not have to cover it and then have her reimburse us, her preference). Is that possible? Or would it be best for her to get Maddy a pre-paid gift card for souvenirs(we are covering meals)? TIA!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Being her parent is not there to authorize the use of the card and to show ID for it then most likely you can't add that credit card to be used. Just have her mom pay you back on any items your niece buys. Keep the receipts from her spending and write her name on it when you get back to the room etc. Then when you all get home add it up and let her know the amount she needs to pay you back.
Or just let her mom load a gift card for her and let her use that. Only bad part she will have to carry the gift card around or you will have to carry it around for her. :)

LdyApxr

Original Poster
Being her parent is not there to authorize the use of the card and to show ID for it then most likely you can't add that credit card to be used. Just have her mom pay you back on any items your niece buys. Keep the receipts from her spending and write her name on it when you get back to the room etc. Then when you all get home add it up and let her know the amount she needs to pay you back.
Or just let her mom load a gift card for her and let her use that. Only bad part she will have to carry the gift card around or you will have to carry it around for her. :)

I let her know and we are just going to to hash it out after we get home. Which is what I wanted anyway, one less thing to need to remember to carry. LOL I like ease.

HolleBolleGijs

I'd recommend the gift card, honestly, if you want to avoid having to pay her mom back. The only caveat is that it's easier to lose than a Magic Band, so you could always hold on to it for her!

MickeyLuv'r

I think you have your answer, but we once tried to put two cc on one room and it was a disaster.

At the end of it all, we were overcharged.

Since then, we haven't used room charge much at all.

If you end up going the giftcard route- we use a mini-sharpie to mark them. Receipts also include the balance, so we now do a little of both-wrap partially used cards in the receipt. We clearly mark fully DONE cards + a date.

One other thing to know about giftcards- if you return something, the credit goes back on that giftcard. At least that's what I was told, so I keep them until the trip is over, even after they are used up.

CaptainAmerica

m3PFB-nRKi3sUImq6AkZX0A.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom