Quick MagicBand Report

WDW-LUVR

Original Poster
Checked in yesterday at PORS. Started using our MagicBands right at the airport DME again checking in. Have been using them ever since for everything,dinning,charging, entering the parks, fastpast,have not had any problem. If you want your children to have charging privileges you have to let them know at the front desk. I can say I'm in LOVE with them.

WDW-LUVR

Original Poster
Just adding today's report. My dad did have an issue maybe entering Epcot Today. The MagicBand worked fine but then he did the fingerprint and it denied it. 3 of us were in front of my dad, had no problem, but then my dad did and the gentlemen behind him did as well, same problem. The CM wasn't rude but you could tell that shes had enough already and it was only 10:am. She had my dad trying other fingers and my dads trying to tell her that this is the one he uses for the fingerprint, showing her his index finger and she wouldn't even listen. Just kept talking over him.
Another incident with the MagicBand, but this is a more on a positive Note. My son had left his MagicBand in a bath (he won't leave it on, constantly playing with). So when he went back for it it was gone. He was soooo unhappy ,(he loves it,) well at the end of the night we went to guest relations before we left the park and someone had turned it in. They (guest relation) had deactivated it, but was able to reactivity it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

djpoore94

I just ordered the bands for my upcoming trip with my mom and was wondering how they work the the Magical Express? Do we just proceed through the line like we do with the paper voucher?

DisneyJoe

I just ordered the bands for my upcoming trip with my mom and was wondering how they work the the Magical Express? Do we just proceed through the line like we do with the paper voucher?
You don't need the paper voucher! Just tap your Magicband with the DME CM and your info pops up on their monitor and they tell you what line to get in for the DME bus.

Coming home we had to have the paper with the barcode to give to the driver.

ExtinctJenn

Just adding today's report. My dad did have an issue maybe entering Epcot Today. The MagicBand worked fine but then he did the fingerprint and it denied it. 3 of us were in front of my dad, had no problem, but then my dad did and the gentlemen behind him did as well, same problem. The CM wasn't rude but you could tell that shes had enough already and it was only 10:am. She had my dad trying other fingers and my dads trying to tell her that this is the one he uses for the fingerprint, showing her his index finger and she wouldn't even listen. Just kept talking over him.
Have run into this using the KTTW cards at entrances where we've used the same finger every day for a week and for whatever reason another time it doesn't work. The CMs always seem to just keep pushing the issue to try another finger... it's as if even they don't actually understand how it works. LOL

darthspielberg

Does anyone know where the magic band fast pass entrance to Fantasmic is ?

I think the entrance is going to be right next to the regular entrance to the Amphitheater area. I do think it changes up the walking path to get from the front of the entrance to the actual seating area.

Chezman1399

Have run into this using the KTTW cards at entrances where we've used the same finger every day for a week and for whatever reason another time it doesn't work. The CMs always seem to just keep pushing the issue to try another finger... it's as if even they don't actually understand how it works. LOL

The reason they push the try another finger thing is because it's the most common reason it doesn't work and easiest to fix. When I worked vacation planning it was amazing how many times we had to issue new tickets or reset tickets because people either couldn't keep track of the one they used the previous day or used a pinky finger or some weird finger for some reason and couldn't remember which one. While it sounds dumb to us who know what we're doing. It's the most common thing people do wrong at the turnstiles.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Another incident with the MagicBand, but this is a more on a positive Note. My son had left his MagicBand in a bath (he won't leave it on, constantly playing with). So when he went back for it it was gone. He was soooo unhappy ,(he loves it,) well at the end of the night we went to guest relations before we left the park and someone had turned it in. They (guest relation) had deactivated it, but was able to reactivity it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
This has been an issue since the days of the two finger biometric scans. There are just so many ways for both user error or machine error to throw a monkey wrench into the gears.

ExtinctJenn

The reason they push the try another finger thing is because it's the most common reason it doesn't work and easiest to fix. When I worked vacation planning it was amazing how many times we had to issue new tickets or reset tickets because people either couldn't keep track of the one they used the previous day or used a pinky finger or some weird finger for some reason and couldn't remember which one. While it sounds dumb to us who know what we're doing. It's the most common thing people do wrong at the turnstiles.
Oh yes I know that for sure but sometimes you have to stop assuming that everyone is a think as you dumb they are. :D

DicksonGR

Glad you are enjoying them! We had a fantastic experience with them for two weeks and loved them! I think these better reports as of late should quieten down the haters.

djpoore94

You don't need the paper voucher! Just tap your Magicband with the DME CM and your info pops up on their monitor and they tell you what line to get in for the DME bus.

Coming home we had to have the paper with the barcode to give to the driver.

That's awesome, thanks for the info! I assume we will still get the yellow luggage tags in the mail?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom