Trip Report Quick comments on Poly and BCV trip

For the first time, I tried Poly DVC and I'm not a Poly fan. The location was outstanding for the MK, but the rooms weren't, at least not to me. BCV was great. Both resorts still had the trial sizes (no lotion, though), no wall dispensers. But what's with all the ride breakdowns? Mickey's Philharmagic stopped in the middle of the show, and we had to leave. Soarin, Pirates, and Splash went down (NOT weather related), can't remember others. The electricity in the Land went out, and I was suddenly sitting in the dark-twice! On the plus side, I was on a scooter and every CM I encountered was incredibly kind. At Pirates, a "suit" was nice enough to push me in a wheelchair (I was solo), then gave me 3 FP+s for ME being so nice! The food was expensive, but the portions HUGE-share if you can. No lids at QS restaurants-I brought an old reusable mug and poured beverages into that before leaving the counter, but now I wish I'd bought a new refillable mug the first day instead. Oddly, the DVC members' lounge was the only place that still offered lids (at least, that I saw). Did some F&W offerings-good were lamb chop (the best I've had in several years), hazelnut creme brûlée, liquid nitro chocolate, blueberry wine, and Canada's beef filet; Indias bread with 3 dips was a little spicy for me; Flavors of Fire corned beef (sorry, I can't remember the full name) was a miss for me. And for scooters, Gold Mobility Scooters was excellent again.
The gondolas-they don't look ready yet. Unfortunately I was hoping for a soft opening, and they're going to be lucky to make their official date. And I did the new Animation experience twice, drew Timon once and Simba the other time. It was fun, but the CM (Mike) was kind of fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom