Queue Line Technologies

cm1988

Original Poster
Newsweek's April 29th issue describes Q-bot, a device purportedly being tested in some "regional" parks. It's worth a read, but you have to wonder about their reporting accuracy when they make statements like "...stood in line...two hot, miserable, sweaty hours for the Little Mermaid ride at Universal’s theme park in Orlando."

Strange the editor 1) didn't seem to know the name of "Universal's theme park in Orlando". 2) didn't know that the Little Mermaid is a Disney animated film... an unlikely candidate for a Universal attraction 3) Voyage of the Little Mermaid is in fact a theater attraction, not a ride.

I wonder if it was, in fact "Little Mermaid". He could have meant "Barney", "E.T." or whatever at one of those parks off Kirkman Road, whatever they're called.

Regardless of the bad reporting, the Q-bot technology is interesting, so if you'd like to read the story online, click here.

Bairstow

I seem to recall seeing some Q-Bot devices set up at Six Flags over Georgia. It wasn't a very busy day, so none of them were in operation. As far as I can tell the differences between Q-Bot and Fastpass are miniscule. BTW, the mascot for Q-Bot is HORRIFYING.

cobra1562

The main differences between the "Q-bot" and fastpass are that six flags charges for use of the Q-bot. And also they usually just let the people up the exit ramp to jump in front of people waiting in line, instead of merging the lines like they do at disney. It's a really bad deal at Six Flags. I think Disney operates fastpass in a much better manner than Six Flags

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom