Questions re: Contemproary resort

sherylemomof2

We will be staying there in May. Re: Pools at this resort. Are they the walk in type or do you need to go in with a ladder?
Also we will have 5 children with us twin 10 month old boys, twin 22 month old boys and an almost three year old girl. What type of water safety devices or water play toys are allowed in the water. Water Wings versus water safety vest?
their will be 7 adults with us to help but all the kids love the water so I want to be prepared. Also traveling by plane so are safety devices available there or do we need to bring them??
One other question are side rails available in hotel rooms or just cribs? 3 of the kids are no longer in cribs>

BeanSz

We stayed at Contemporary last year. Given the age of your children -- you are going to love the close walking distance to the MK. Regarding the pools, the main pool (not sure about the adult's pool) has walk in steps at key locations around the pool. There is also a water slide, but the kids need to be able to go down it themselves. They will not let you ride down with them. We always take a swim vest for our son. They have vests there at the pool, but you are never sure how they are going to fit, or what kind of shape they are in. Regarding other stuff, not sure. Remember -- lots of sunscreen!!

Upvote 0

dgtolbert222

the pool has both a walk in with stairs and a couple ladders depends where you get in it, dont know about the toys allowed in the water, my girls (5) (4) just kept going down the water slide, with floaties of course and me at the bottom of the slide, be careful at the botton there is a pretty strong current. There is a pretty big calm section to the right of the slide, if you are looking at it, they have a life guard on duty while we were there. dont know what kind of safety devices are on a plane except for the ones all passengers get , floatation device, mask, seatbelt. and my 7 month old slept in a play pen the crib was way to hard, dont know about bumpers, I know this dint help a lot just trying to give the info i know

Upvote 0

cindy'smom

If you think you will be using the pool a lot you may want to consider the Yacht/Beach Club. The have both regular hotel rooms and up to 2 br villas which sleep 8. Their pool is also the best on property for small kids (IMO). It's a wade-in pool w/ a sandy bottom. Almost like being at the beach! Plus there is a large water slide for your older child. The Yacht Club is the closest to the shallow pool. If you get a villa at Beach Club ask for a Epcot view and you will be able to see some of the fireworks from your room.

I also love the Contemp. for the location and monorail.
Have a great trip wherever you stay!

Upvote 0

mnfootballmommy

We just stayed there in December and LOVED it! Of course, we didn't use the pools, although we were amazed that it was probably warm enough to do so.

I am pretty sure they have bed rails, but honestly, when it comes to questions about that stuff, you are probably best to call the hotel itself, if only for your peace of mind. We found the entire staff to be very accommodating and knowledgeable. They were always very curteous and willing to help. I would definitely call and get the answers from them, just to be sure.

It truly is a great location for the kids--the walk to MK without fighting the crowds for transportation is totally worth it!! DD2.5 LOVED having the monorail in the hotel and wanted to ride it all the time, especially when trying to get out of bedtime!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

The pools (2 on property) are not "zero entry" like you'll find at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs, and Yacht and Beach Club. There are steps, ladders, etc. to enter and exit the pool. I will say that there are several, spacious stair entrances located all around the main pool, it's as kid friendly as you can get really.

I "believe" the policy is that there can be no large floatation devices or toys such as inner tubes and adult body floats in the pool at any time. Those floats/toys can really obstruct a life guards view with small children. Personal flotation devices such as life/swim vests, water wings, and infant/baby floats can be used. Last time we were there we didn't notice any life vests, noodles, or water wings available to use or even buy. I'd bring your own if possible, just to be on the safe side.

Yes, Disney resorts do offer bed rails and make sure you have a request listed on your reservation as well as mention it at check-in. If you need two pack n plays, be sure to mention that as well. I believe the bed rails fit the day beds as well (they did at the Grand Floridian).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom