Questions, Questions, and more Questions...

candyman9585

Hey everyone! :wave: I just have a couple questions:

1) Originally was booked for early January, and decided to change our trip dates and go for New Years. The only hotels they had to offer was: All Star Sports, Caribbean Beach and Cornado Springs (water view room only). Does anyone know if I should both to keep calling up to see if a standard room at either moderate opens up or even maybe something at Pop Century. I had to book the All Star Sports, and we really do not like that resort. Anyone know if sometimes rooms open up?

2) We are annual passholders for the first time this year, and a lot of the stuff with it is new and confusing. I booked my room only reservations as AAA rates. I was told that when the annual pass rates come out for January I would be able to switch them if I called up. Does anyone know typically what the discounts are like for end of December and January? Typically, what was it like in the past?

3) If you had to chose between Carribean Beach or Cornado Springs which one would it be?

Thanks guys for all your help! :D

WDW4LIFE

Hi, Im gonna try to help you out as best as I can...im usually a lerker on the board, I dont post much, but check the site daily. first off, If it were me, I would book either caribbean or coronado resort, just as back up, but keep calling because people are cancelling all the time for whatever reason theyve got lol. Second, the annual pass thing I cant help you on, cause I am still working on getting my first one myself, and by the way congrats on that.
Third, I would choose coronado if it was my choice, I like it there...its nice and quiet and for some reason not many kids are there, most likely because its also a convention center. The only drawback is that you will have to walk a mile just to get from point"a" to point "B" lol. I hope this helps you out a little, the others will definitly have more information about the passes, so good luck and enjoy your trip:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Candyman DEFINATELY book something NOW! Can't stress that enough, and just keep calling something usually does open up, In reguards to AP haven't had one, AS OF YET, but someone will chime in soon, but do what is always recommended email Kingdom Konsultants I hear they are excellent and can help you out.:wave:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I actually have a really good tip for this. Sometimes avalibility is based on "check-in" date. So if I have problems booking, I book an extra day or two at the front end to try to get "in the system". You can change your reservation up to 45 days before check in. So just call back and ask them to shorten your trip. I've also done it the other way. Booked for check-in a day or two late, then call and add days. They have never had a problem either way for my bookings. Hope this helps. This is especially helpful for getting the exact resort and dates you want in the "free dining". I've had to rely on this trick 2x before.

Upvote 0

coltow

I actually have a really good tip for this. Sometimes avalibility is based on "check-in" date. So if I have problems booking, I book an extra day or two at the front end to try to get "in the system". You can change your reservation up to 45 days before check in. So just call back and ask them to shorten your trip. I've also done it the other way. Booked for check-in a day or two late, then call and add days. They have never had a problem either way for my bookings. Hope this helps. This is especially helpful for getting the exact resort and dates you want in the "free dining". I've had to rely on this trick 2x before.
Great idea!

Upvote 0

Rob562

2) We are annual passholders for the first time this year, and a lot of the stuff with it is new and confusing. I booked my room only reservations as AAA rates. I was told that when the annual pass rates come out for January I would be able to switch them if I called up. Does anyone know typically what the discounts are like for end of December and January? Typically, what was it like in the past?

Note that the week between Christmas and New Year's is *the* busiest week of the entire year in Disney World. Because of this, Disney does not offer ANY room discounts between 12/25 and 1/1 (because they don't need to offer discounts to fill the rooms). It appears that the current discounts end on 12/23. I don't know if this is "dates offered" or "check-in by 12/23". If your trip extends beyond 1/1, you might be able to get an AP discount if they release one, but it would require you to split your stay into two reservations. One with the discount for the dates it'd apply to, and one for the other days.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Hey everyone! :wave: I just have a couple questions:

1) Originally was booked for early January, and decided to change our trip dates and go for New Years. The only hotels they had to offer was: All Star Sports, Caribbean Beach and Cornado Springs (water view room only). Does anyone know if I should both to keep calling up to see if a standard room at either moderate opens up or even maybe something at Pop Century. I had to book the All Star Sports, and we really do not like that resort. Anyone know if sometimes rooms open up?

3) If you had to chose between Carribean Beach or Cornado Springs which one would it be?

Thanks guys for all your help! :D

Switching to a discount is only good if the rooms are available. Just because they put in a discount does not mean it will be available. You have to just be lucky. There are no great discounts for the end of December as that is holiday season and they will not drop the rates. I would venture to say it would be hard to get a room between Christmas and New Years NOW.....much less try and get a discount, and again I worked in the Res Center for 9 years and never saw a discount being offered for that week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom