Questions about Resorts

Richboy

Does anyone know if any more resorts will be built in Disney World? (Besides DVC resorts) Besides, Animal Kingdom Lodge, a deluxe resort has not been built in a long time. It would be nice if more resorts opened in the Animal Kingdom Resort Area. There's a very large space between Animal Kingdom and Coronado Springs where a few deluxe resorts could be put to make a nice resort area like the Seven Seas Lagoon or Cresent Lake. Does anyone know why there were no more resorts added to the Monorail system? There's a gap between TTC and the Contemporary that I heard was a planned area for a resort. Why didn't they connect Wilderness Lodge to the Monorail? You pass right by it on your way to the Contemporary. Does anyone know if the deluxe resorts get better business than the moderate or value resorts? Why resort type make a better profit? I would assume deluxe resorts because of the higher price, but more people stay at the moderate or value resorts. Does anyone know? Is there ever a time when every single Disney resort is booked up? Which resort is the most popular? Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions?

celticdog

Until Pop Century is completely finished, I doubt any new resorts will be built.

The monorail has been discussed to death on these boards. Basically it all comes down to cost. The monorail costs an excessive amount of money to maintain and to expand.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
RESORT CONSTRUCTION
I wouldn’t count on any new ones in the near future. Right now half of Pop Century remains unfinished because there is no need for the additional rooms.
RESORT BETWEEN TTC AND CONTEMPORARY
From my understanding there are soil compression and stability issues on the property between the Contemporary and the TTC providing that is true any new construction there is highly unlikely.
MONORAIL EXPANSION
Monorail expansion has been talked about over and over and it seems that the general consensus it that it will never happen due to the brutally high cost.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom