Question. What to do at night?

m&mmom

Original Poster
This August we'll be headed to Disneyworld for our third year in a row. This year our son is 8 and our daughter 5. WE'll be staying at our favorite hotel the Wilderness Lodge. The past two years we've always gone in July. The parks were open later and there were 2 extra magic hour nights in MK (Sunday and Friday). This year we arrive on August 24th and we'll be headed home on the 30th. We've heard from so many people that the crowds are much lighter and wait times are less. But we're so used to going to one park in the am, heading back to the hotel and resting, swimming and going back for the night. MK closes at 10 most of the week. Has anyone gone this time of year that can give me suggestions on how to pace the day or something to do after the parks close? Our kids love the late nights, they are used to 7:15 and 8pm bed times an so staying out late at the park is extra magical for them. And are there much lighter crowds or will the differnce go unnoticed. Any advice would be great.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DS13 and I arrive the day before and leave the day after.

The crowds are definitely reduced compared to July. We went the same time last year and it was exhausting enough that we were worn out by the time we left the parks. We did more evening EMH than we've done at other times of year though. I found it near perfect, except the heat, but :shrug:

I guess the big difference was we didn't split up the day and take a break.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
BTW, there's evening EMH on 27 August at AK. Once the initial rush is over, Everest is hardly any wait and riding it after dark is the best you'll ever experience!

DS and I will be riding repeatedly! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom