Question: Swimming With Dolphins @ Sea World?

kodiak5bears

Original Poster
OK, we are headed to Disney and want to spend a day at Sea World. My 14 year old neice is coming and she LOVES dolphins. My sister wants her to "swim with the dolphins" or get SOME interaction with them. What is available and how much does it cost?? :veryconfu

CAPTAIN HOOK

At SeaWorld - the nearest you'll get to swimming with dolphins is being splashed at either the dolphin shows or at Shamu Stadium, feeding them at Dolphin Cove, or observing them at the Dolphin Nursery.
If its a Dolphin Swim you're after check out Discovery Cove

kodiak5bears

Original Poster
At SeaWorld - the nearest you'll get to swimming with dolphins is being splashed at either the dolphin shows or at Shamu Stadium, feeding them at Dolphin Cove, or observing them at the Dolphin Nursery.
If its a Dolphin Swim you're after check out Discovery Cove

OK-Tell me more about feeding them at Dolphin Cove & the Dolphin Nursery!! :animwink:

CAPTAIN HOOK

kodiak5bears said:
OK-Tell me more about feeding them at Dolphin Cove & the Dolphin Nursery!! :animwink:
Dolphin Nursery is a seperate small pool where younger dolphins swim - it is an area which is great for close up dolphin photographs but with little interaction.
Dolphin Cove is an open expanse where adult dolphins can be observed all day - there is even an underwater viewing area. However, at certain times (posted on the park map) guests can buy fish and feed them to the dolphins who will take them from your hand. Get there early, grab a spot by the wall and get someone else in line to buy the fish when the stall opens.
Check out SeaWorlds website for details

crazydaveh

If you want to shell out cash, you can also do the "Trainer For The Day" at SeaWorld.

You get to go behind the scenes of most of the animal areas including Shamu, Clyde and SeaMore, dolphins, and false killer whales. You get to help take care of them (prepare food) and feed them. You also get to swim in the killer whale tank (without Shamu) but you do get to swim with sea lions and dolphins! The program is an all day affair and runs around $400. Lunch is included.

It's honestly worth every penny!

I think Discovery Cove is great, but the dolphin interaction time is only 30 minutes. I felt ripped off when the kids in the group they put us in got all the time with the dolphin, though we did get one swim with it.

The Dolphin Cove area is really neat. You buy four fish for $5 (cheaper for AP holders) and feed them! It's great. The dolphins really seem to have a blast with this, as do the people in the park. As others have stated, get there early and claim your spot on the wall. They do it several times a day and the times are not always on the map. Check the feeding schedule on your way in.

Hope you have a good time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom